Memory upgrade for m17x r2.

Pursuit

I would like to upgrade ram on my m17xr2 from 4gb to 8gb,

Here is the ram that I found on ebay:

SAMSUNG DDR3 1333 8GB (2x4GB) SO-DIMM Alienware M17x (eBay item 300509592881 end time 28-Feb-11 11:53:48 AEDST) : Computers Networking

The question is this a good brand/price for our m17x?

any suggestions please.

• Founder

It's the standard ram that Dell ships with the R2. Did you notice the high shipping price? If you're in Australia, you might be better off just buying something locally there. I am not really a proponent of low latency modules for the R2 either (e.g. Kingston HyperX) because I haven't seen any evidence that they provide added performance vs the standard stuff Dell ships. Furthermore, low latency modules require higher voltage in order to remain stable at higher bclk settings.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder
Yeah, nice ones. Getfound.............but Newegg won't ship them to Australia!

i found newegg to be really tightassed about the payment methods. I have a shipping address in US but they neither accept my international credit card nor my Paypal.