Black Screens , Insufficient Voltage Resets and all that stuff!

Tfz

BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Bugcheck code: 0x116 - Windows 7 Help Forums

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/830653/pc-components/alienware-m18x-tdr_errors-/1/

These 2 links describe my issue.

On Seven Forums you can find my PC Spec.

I am looking for someone who can help after reading these conversations or suggest about an upgrade or anything useful.

Thanks In Advance.

The Issue with the black screens occurs till today.

Rather that read a bunch of stuff you have posted elsewhere, can you summarize the issues and what you have already tried to rectify the problem? That would be helpful versus having to sift through a lot of information to understand what we can assist you with. I went to GeForce forums read to page 2, saw there were 8 pages and stopped reading. It looks like you have an M18xR1 that originally shipped with AMD GPUs and was later upgraded to newer 675M SLI.

If you have 675M SLI (rebranded 580M) in your M18xR1, you also have a 330W AC adapter, correct? If not, get one. 240W is only enough for a single GPU and your machine will severely misbehave with a 240W AC adapter.

Are you only having black screen problems now? That is frequently an indication of GPU failure, but it could be driver related as well. Most likely it is a hardware failure.

If you already have a 330W adapter, you may have a bad GPU. Take out the secondary GPU and see if your problems are the same. If they are, and they probably will be, remove the primary GPU, swap the heat sink to the other GPU and run it by itself in the primary PCIe slot. If the problems go away, the GPU that was in the primary slot to begin with needs to be replaced. In other words, the good GPU will work correctly all by itself installed in the primary slot with nothing in the secondary PCIe slot. If one of the two does not work correctly by itself in the primary slot, replace it with a good one or upgrade your system to something newer and better, like 780M SLI. It would be very unlikely for both GPUs to have gone back. The one in the secondary slot is probably good and the one in the primary slot is probably bad, but that is just an educate guess. You will need to test each GPU as suggested to find out.

You are mistaken. I have a single GPU -> 675m (wished I had SLI)

I have tried lots and lots of drivers and all failed, giving me a black screen eventually. (I always mod the driver - by saying mod I am adding my SUBSYS_048F to make the driver recognize my GPU for an installation.)

Most people on a conversation I read in the Alienware Club @ Dell Forums said they eventually after trying everything with Nvdia Inspector and other fixes they decided to buy a new card as GTX 675m proved to be a faulty GPU.

One thing I can tell you since I am not a tech , as a single user my computer Never Gets a Black Screen while not plugged.

I do own a 330watt official Dell Adapter.

Thanks for your time.

If you want to help these 2 links will prove so useful because I posted so much info there. (BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Bugcheck code: 0x116 - Windows 7 Help Forums) mostly this one since its the latest use nvidia as the second source of info.