Code 35, Windows 10, Thunder2 MBPr 2012

Kurbeco

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), i7, 16GB. Windows 10 on USB 3.0 SSD.

KFA2 GTX 970, Dell DA-2 (barrel mod), AKiTio Thunder2.

Setup works fine in OS X, but in Windows I get;

"Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)"

3vymy.png

This is after installing the NVIDIA drivers. Any suggestions of what to look into / check / do?

ok, I've done some investigating. If I have the TB cable plugged into the 'top' TB port on the Thunder 2, I get the GTX970's BIOS on the external screen followed by the Win10 boot animation (internal screen is frozen at this point). The login screen then appears on the internal screen and the external one goes blank. Once in Windows, I get Code 35 as shown above.

If I move the TB cable into the bottom port, the external screen does not display the GTX970 BIOS. The Win10 boot animation displays on the internal screen, and then once in Device Manager I get Code 12 on the GTX970 and an HDMI Audio device.

ok, I've done some investigating. If I have the TB cable plugged into the 'top' TB port on the Thunder 2, I get the GTX970's BIOS on the external screen followed by the Win10 boot animation (internal screen is frozen at this point). The login screen then appears on the internal screen and the external one goes blank. Once in Windows, I get Code 35 as shown above.

If I move the TB cable into the bottom port, the external screen does not display the GTX970 BIOS. The Win10 boot animation displays on the internal screen, and then once in Device Manager I get Code 12 on the GTX970 and an HDMI Audio device.

Ensure you've installed Win10 in UEFI rather than BIOS mode. Check th harddisk in Device Manager to see if it says "Master Boot Record" or "GPT". The latter is UEFI.

I can't see it say either in Device Manager, though looking at the partition layout I've got a 350MB FAT232 boot partition and then the rest is the NTFS partition that holds C:/. That doesn't look like what I think a layout for an EFI install should look like.

I'm running Windows from an external SSD connected via USB, I had to manually create the layout and followed this; BleepToBleep: Mac: Install Windows 7 or 8 on an external USB3 or Thunderbolt drive without using bootcamp

Looks like I need to start over and ensure it's done in EFI mode, or should I install Setup 1.2 to correct this? Does EFI mode hold other benefits.