GM204: GTX 980 / M5500 - N16E-GXX/Q7 - ALL variants

Any chance the card in the first post is still a prototype card? It looks like Clevo is really trying to cram it into a standard mxm 3.0b form factor.

That layout is already so dense, I can't see how you can go any smaller, but maybe there's some room on the back of the board. . .

If their goal wasn't to completely comply with MXM 3.0b, then I don't see why they'd even put in the effort to get so close, as that looks to be a very expensive layout.

Any chance the card in the first post is still a prototype card? It looks like Clevo is really trying to cram it into a standard mxm 3.0b form factor.

That layout is already so dense, I can't see how you can go any smaller, but maybe there's some room on the back of the board. . .

If their goal wasn't to completely comply with MXM 3.0b, then I don't see why they'd even put in the effort to get so close, as that looks to be a very expensive layout.

The card was a Quality Sample but not a prototype...all I can say is that it's a Clevo card and they are working hard on getting it into our hands... ;)

Updatet OP with all relevant GTX 980 model info.

Feel free to add everything you know

awesome prema! finally a thread where we can collect all the data on the various 980 models, all that confusion at nbr and here already drove me mad :D so whats up with that mysterious clevo PxxxDM model, that is NOT the 775, hmmm....?!?! ure holding back on us prema ;) [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

awesome prema! finally a thread where we can collect all the data on the various 980 models, all that confusion at nbr and here already drove me mad :D so whats up with that mysterious clevo PxxxDM model, that is NOT the 775, hmmm....?!?! ure holding back on us prema ;) [emoji14]

"No Freedom, No Choice" here...but by looking at the card it should be clear... ;)

awesome prema! finally a thread where we can collect all the data on the various 980 models, all that confusion at nbr and here already drove me mad biggrin.png so whats up with that mysterious clevo PxxxDM model, that is NOT the 775, hmmm....?!?! ure holding back on us prema wink.png [emoji14]

Low power mobile SLI variant.... That was personally designed for Mr. Fox to tinker with!

They won't be using it only for that model... ;)

I can just imagine you sitting and looking at us all speculating and drooling for information and you're just saying to yourself "hooooo boy, if only i could just tell them everything... but this is more fun (and legal) :D"

• Thumbs Up 4

hi prema.After comparison,i found that there is circuit designed for the power supply port in P751DM,but the port was not soldered to themotherboard.and i also heard that some versions of P770ZM have these ports soldered.

f14be3fe9925bc3196d7d81d58df8db1c91370e8-jpg.128630

this is a P751DM.as we can see,there is a power supply port without welding in the red frame.

and i heard that P770DM's motherboard is the same as P750DM'S.so i think it has the same port too.

post-39969-14495001024176_thumb.jpg

this is a P775DM with a power supply port.it seens that its motherboard is the same as P750DM/P770DM'S.

wp_20150911_002-jpg.128631

Remarkably,P750ZM doesn't seem to have this port.Because it is useing a different motherboard.

post-39969-14495001023941_thumb.jpg

and these is a P770ZM-G's motherboard.Obviously its motherboard is the same as P750ZM'S.

so sadly,P770ZM-g might not have this kind of port.Someone tell me his P770ZM has same socket,But I can't confirm it.i I had guessed P750ZM and P770ZM are using the samemotherboard.SO If it is convenient for you,can you check it?THX alot~~clear.png

AND.......this is all my guess.LOL~~

• Thumbs Up 3

So does this mean that even soldering it onto the mobo wouldn't work?

Sorry,There are several mistakes in my post.and now i have corrected them.it seems that p770dm/p750dm's motherboard is the same as P775DM's.someone(@t456 in NBR) tell me that the connector isn't there doesn't means it isn't powered.AND we can check it with multimeter,there's a great possibility it does work.if it's not.i think we can check if any capacitors and resistors/relays have been omitted.if they have then we could use the P775DM Service Manual and find out which components and values we need to get the power supply port working.so i think P750DM/P770DM have a great chance to use GTX980(Not consider the shape of the card,the are many versions of gtx980 and all of them are bigger,so i'm not sure they can be installed to P750DM/P770DM LOL).but obviously P750ZM/P770ZM will be much more difficult, as the motherboard is different to the DM series'.

• 1 month later...
  • Guest pinned this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic