Bricked Mobo

Phx-Rush

I was attempting to blind flash my M18 project, The power tripped at the breaker box (summer in San Diego....east county temps90-107 the last few weeks) Anyway, now it does nothing............absolutely nothing. I think I bricked my mobo . I ordered a new one and I'll swap it when it and my CPU show up. I was able to use a modded bios and Mr Fox's driver package on my M17XR4 and running Win7 w/ a 970M and whats in my sig below. I love that lappy. I really want to love my M18 project. It looks and feels ike a BIG brother to the M17( which is no small slouch). This will be my first mobo swap in a lapttop, I've always done my own work once the laptop is out of warranty..........(even in warranty.........sometimes the rep sent from delllllllll is a bozo with no idea whats what.) question,.. new mobo, bios level? I'm thinking of wiping the ssd and doing a fresh install of win 7 , getting to the unlocked bios (a10 ?) . Would I be better off getting a pair of 780m's for SLI, or go single 970M. I could use some guidance.

mahalo nui loa

Are there no BIOS chip for sale on fleebay? Assuming you remember which version you had I think you could solder another on? I live in the UK which makes it very hard to come across parts but in the US I'd say you have a good chance and with it being bricked you've got nothing to lose? And if worst comes to worse your back to square 1 with a mobo being needed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...