Clevo PxxxDM Skylake Desktop CPU Series

spartan117ch

Man, fun times for notebook owners! The P870DM is a bit bigger than I need on a daily basis, but the P7xxDM series truly has my eye and should be great for my usage.

Question I've got, I believe I saw somewhere there was a particular version coming with a 180W 980 gpu... what's the general consensus on that versus the 980m that I'm sure will be the cheaper option? Any guesses or benchmarks released yet showing that version of the 980? Or would it just make more sense to go 980m and overclock it.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Man, fun times for notebook owners! The P870DM is a bit bigger than I need on a daily basis, but the P7xxDM series truly has my eye and should be great for my usage.

Question I've got, I believe I saw somewhere there was a particular version coming with a 180W 980 gpu... what's the general consensus on that versus the 980m that I'm sure will be the cheaper option? Any guesses or benchmarks released yet showing that version of the 980? Or would it just make more sense to go 980m and overclock it.

Thanks for any thoughts!

You are referring to the P775DM ??

It can be seen here mqdefault.jpg about 1 minute in.

Not sure if I've seen full specs on it yet. I'd have to browse back a bit at NBR to be sure. I think it is a rearranged P770DM. But there are much smarter people here that can probably give you a better answer to that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

just go with 8.1 or 10 an tweak it to your hearts content until it basically resembles win7 :) no biggie.

personally, im not missing win7 at all, 8.1 was actually a huge jump in overall system stability, far less bsods and generall issues. sure, it needs some customization with the missing start menu, lockscreen, nerfing onedrive, etc. but with a lil luv its actually not that bad. same goes for win10, although im more hesitant on a full recommend there because of the privacy issues / forced updates / screen bricking. i am using it as my daily driver though and cant complain thus far.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got it so im gonna post my 5 cents.

P751DM

• i5-6600k
  • GTX 970 6144MB GDDR5
  • 8GB Ram
  • 756GB SSD (500SSD + 256SSD)

Cons

- Win 7 isn't going to work on them. ACPI compliant please contact the bios vendor.

- The GameFeet programm which you can give different color to your 3 parts of the keyboard and front light, crashes randomly if i'm going to use it.

Pros

- It looks great!

- To color up your keyboard and different modes.

- Star Wars Battlefront 3 everything ultra + 120% downsampling no laggs.

- realy quiet if you just surf www

- quiet enough if i play SWBF3 with sound i don't recognise it.

how long are u waiting for a win10 shutdown before pressing the power button? give it some time and see what happens

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i did it right now, stopped the time, 23 minutes staying in this mode like i described it. Then i manually shut off.

• 2 months later...

I would like to try to add a Soundcard/ GPU through the M.2 pcie 3.0 x4 slot with and  PCI-E x4 Adapter too M.2. http://www.dx.com/p/m-2-ngff-to-pci-e-x4-adapter-card-green-black-360235#.VnE3wuKV49o

But the problem is i think, this slots recognize just HDD or M.2 SSD driver. 

So  is it Possible to add driver that other components can be recognized?

My BIOS Mod will give you some extended protocol control over the ports, but in the end you will have to test it to know what works and what not.

As for the hardware side check the service manuals... 

• 2 months later...

Hello all, maybe anybody knows, P770DM, P771DM, P770DM-G, P771DM-G is possible to use only IGPU with non-installed DGPU in MXM slot? 

And what the max speed thunderbolt is supported? 20gbps or 40gbps in this laptops? What is differents about p770dm and p771dm? -g = g-sync?

Thanks!