Who has an M11x?

Rypac1502

Hey guys,

I have been hanging around the NBR forums since I got my M11xR2 and have only just discovered T|I (please don't hate me ;) )!

I've had a look at the M14x forums and there seems to be lots of awesome development going on to get maximum performance from the beast. However, I came to the M11x forum and it is deserted!

Is there no love for the M11x... :confusion:

Anyway, I think it would be good to know who has an M11x out there and whether you like it?

I've had mine for just a bit over a year and have absolutely no regrets purchasing it. It is a great machine which is extremely portable and also offers great performance in such a tiny frame. I hope that those with the R2 are using Throttlestop by unclewebb (thankyou so much uncle!) as it really pushes the performance to new highs.

Enough from me, I would love to hear from you guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

The R3 was a definate improvement both in speed (went from i5 to i7) and battery time.

That's interesting to know. How much of an improvement is the battery life?

I find that just web surfing over wifi and doing homework I can pull about 5 - 6 hours from the R2.

• 6 months later...

No M11x isn't forgotten or abandoned. :) as you mentioned not a lot of posts about them. Unreal is in process of repair case (hopefully a replacement actually as he had a lot of issues with his in build quality).

• 1 month later...

Let me know how you like it (or don't like it :( ) when it comes. I think it does take some time getting used to (I switched from 13" to 11" screen) but I still don't mind 11" screen, I just wish it was 16:10. I will repeat what I said on NBR two years ago, this thing NEEDS a dock station! It can work so nicely as a desktop replacement, especially the R3.

Even R1 is still able to run plenty of games, just not at the highest settings.

Edited by unreal25
  • Thumbs Up 1

This might be old topic , I'm planning to throw my m11x into garbage bin.

:misdoubt:

Whats wrong with it? Broken? I'd recommend trying to fix that thing and find a use for it than just throwing it away!

Or if you really need someone to take it off your hands... :32_002:

Edited by Gearsguy

Or complain to Dell for weeks (or months... lol) and demand a replacement. :D

It's funny I read someone's R3 review (was it NBR?) and they complained (out of everything that they could've complained) about speakers. I honestly don't think I ever heard a laptop with better speakers. R1 speakers were really great but R3 are better; I compared them head to head when I had both. M17x-R2 laptop speakers are really bad in comparison.

I ordered the extra pair of R1 speakers some time ago to try to transplant one of them into my previous Thinkpad X200 (it had a mono sound rofl) :D but they only fit after some serious filing :P and the sound wasn't as good because I couldn't find a good spot for a single speaker. I managed to squeeze it and tape it into the empty WWAN slot....

Lol I remember how they said in the m14x review it had terrible upgradability, and that the screen was the worst they had ever seen... but the m11x screen was worse and they never even mentioned upgradability on the m11x series as a whole

Why's that?

Random Frozen , just found out it was the game issue:Banane27:

:misdoubt:

Whats wrong with it? Broken? I'd recommend trying to fix that thing and find a use for it than just throwing it away!

Or if you really need someone to take it off your hands... :32_002:

:32_002::32_002::32_002:

Or complain to Dell for weeks (or months... lol) and demand a replacement. :D

It's funny I read someone's R3 review (was it NBR?) and they complained (out of everything that they could've complained) about speakers. I honestly don't think I ever heard a laptop with better speakers. R1 speakers were really great but R3 are better; I compared them head to head when I had both. M17x-R2 laptop speakers are really bad in comparison.

I ordered the extra pair of R1 speakers some time ago to try to transplant one of them into my previous Thinkpad X200 (it had a mono sound rofl) :D but they only fit after some serious filing :P and the sound wasn't as good because I couldn't find a good spot for a single speaker. I managed to squeeze it and tape it into the empty WWAN slot....

Good idea , might demand when m14x with Ivy bridge official released , since this m11x come with 3y warranty. :sentimental:

Edited by iPhantomhive

• 4 months later...
I've upgraded my M11x R1 to M14x R1 but my brother still have the M11x R1 (did pinmod and bios mod on both M11x)

Nice acquisition and way to mod for better performance :) I help my family like that too ;) i try too boost their comps as much as possible

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've owned all 3 models of the M11x. Right from the start I must say it was a great system and with every new revision it just became more and more powerful. In the end I did sell my last M11xR3 due to personal reasons. I would but another one if I could find a good enough deal on an R3 or if they didn't retire the M11x. I went from the original Alienware laptop from 2003 to the M11xR1 to a M15x back to the M11xR2 then up to a M18xR1 with an M11xR3 as my portable. And I must say the M11xR3 was by far my fav. It's an awesome system but it just needs a little more juice.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I own a M11xR3 :

Here is a small review of my feelings about it :

Pro :

* Very small

* Powerfull

* Nice looking

* Drivers updated very often by Dell

* Battery life is good

Contra :

* Very small :)

* The screen is glossy

* The Fan is very noisy

* The graphical card begin to be old for the new video games

By the way I replaced the standard harddrive by a SSD

And the RAM memory by that : CORSAIR SO-DIMM DDR3 4 Go 1600 MHz - Achat/Vente CORSAIR SO-DIMM DDR3 4 Go 1600 MHz - RueDuCommerce

• 1 month later...