[Help] Stability Issue: Akitio + 750 Ti OSX 10.10.4

Setup:

Macbook Air2015 with Thunderbolt 2 Connection on OS X 10.10.4

Akitio Thunder2

Nvidia 750 Tisc (One Fan)

DellDA-2

Cable: Akitio Egpu 8 Pin to 2 x PCI E 6 Pin Super Low Profile No Latch 1 x Barrel | eBay

The Akitio is powered by only the barrel plug

The Monitoris plugged into the GPU.

The set-up is working, and the card is recognized, but my FPS in games is about the same as my HD6000

I used the Script provided by Goalque:

Mac OS X discussion

The card uses about 75 watts, but a few people have reported the stock PSU is powerful enough to get the card started, but not if it gets under load. I'm not sure if plugging in the DellDA-2 is any different than the PSU included with the Akitio since I'm just plugging in the barrel plug. Do I need a powered riser?

Also, when I look at the Nvidia web driver, it says the 750 Ti isn't supported even though its recognized. Is this just a problem with drivers?

I don't know what to do!

Just use the barrel and that's it. The card can be sufficiently powered by 75W which is the reason it doesn't need any 6 pin power. PCIe slot delivers 75W. Slot is powered by barrel. That's why you simply use only the barrel.

Hi, I'm getting a fps problem with my 750 ti

Computer recognized the card in OSX. I use the script to install the web drivers, says its not supported but my card is recognized

When I play Team Fortress 2 i'm mostly stuck at 30 fps but it jumps around from 0 - 120. Other video of people people using a 750 ti runs at much higher settings than mines, and much smoother.

I'm using a MBA 2015, i7 8gb with TB2

Connected to an Akitio 2 w/ a 750 Ti

Powered only by the barrel connector connected to a Dell DA-2, using cable described in first post.

Am i not getting enough power, or is it a driver's problem? Just thought I'd double check.

Hi, I made a post about this in the wrong section I believe, sorry for double post.

Setup:

Macbook Air 2015 with Thunderbolt 2 Connection on OS X 10.10.4

Akitio Thunder2

Nvidia 750 Ti sc (One Fan)

Dell DA-2

Cable: Akitio Egpu 8 Pin to 2 x PCI E 6 Pin Super Low Profile No Latch 1 x Barrel | eBay

The Monitor is plugged into the GPU.

The set-up is working, and the card is recognized, but my FPS in games is about the same as my HD6000

Mac OS X discussion

The card uses about 75 watts, but a few people have reported the stock PSU is powerful enough to get the card started, but not if it gets under load. I'm not sure if plugging in the Dell DA-2 is any different than the PSU included with the Akitio since I'm just plugging in the barrel plug. Do I need a powered riser?

Also, when I look at the Nvidia web driver, it says the 750 Ti isn't supported even though its recognized. Is this just a problem with drivers?

I don't know what to do!

Hi, I made a post about this in the wrong section I believe, sorry for double post.

Setup:

Macbook Air 2015 with Thunderbolt 2 Connection on OS X 10.10.4

Akitio Thunder2

Nvidia 750 Ti sc (One Fan)

Dell DA-2

The Monitor is plugged into the GPU.

Mac OS X discussion

The card uses about 75 watts, but a few people have reported the stock PSU is powerful enough to get the card started, but not if it gets under load. I'm not sure if plugging in the Dell DA-2 is any different than the PSU included with the Akitio since I'm just plugging in the barrel plug. Do I need a powered riser?

I don't know what to do!

No need for a powered riser, get that out of your mind.

Have you set your external display as the main one? Drag the white bar onto the external display in display settings. If your FPS are about those of the HD6000 it's most probably because you still use the HD6000. Get Unigine Valley and start one of the presets, one time on your internal display which can also be done without eGPU and another time with the eGPU and external screen set as main screen. This way you can properly test if your eGPU is at work or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm still having issues with starting the computer. Usually when I want to plug the laptop in the Akitio, I turn it off. When I boot up I have to power off the laptop using the power button because it starts the computer with neither screen. Then on 2nd boot or sometimes third it will start with the monitor. When the laptop falls asleep I have to power it off with power button and do it again twice.

is there a fix for this?