Notebook Cooling Pad

• 1 month later...

Instead of buying one of these with fans because they blow dust into your laptop and it gets hotter and hotter every time and kills your laptop, you should consider laptop stands without fans. You can also a hollow riser out of a cut up cardboard box as suggested by tornado9015.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess that the Cooler Master Ux has great potential.

The most important feature is the ability to place the fans exact under the intake-mesh of your laptop.

I would also recommend to use some isolationfoam the build a tight connection between the extra fan and the intake area, just to maximize the airflow into the laptop.

Really depends on where you're gonna use the laptop on though.

Assuming that you're using on a table then I suggest something that can be cleaned easily would be great - like the Cooler Master Notepal U1, U2, or U3.

Personally using a U2 for my Lenovo Y580, loving it ever since. Seriously those fans are easily cleaned too, and can be moved to suit a large majority of laptops.

Really depends on where you're gonna use the laptop on though.

Assuming that you're using on a table then I suggest something that can be cleaned easily would be great - like the Cooler Master Notepal U1, U2, or U3.

Personally using a U2 for my Lenovo Y580, loving it ever since. Seriously those fans are easily cleaned too, and can be moved to suit a large majority of laptops.

So far, I haven't had to use a laptop cooler for my Y580, just a repaste and elevated the laptop 3" off the desk. GPU is 1300mhz/2800mhz at 1.087V and my GPU hits 75c while playing witcher 3(gona push for 1400mhz on Steady 1.1V). I think my CPU was hitting 80c, I'll have to check next time I play. I will probably go for the U2 after what you said.

Cooling pads nowadays often doesn't improve temps on notebooks as most of them draw air from the keyboard and downwards, so all you get is basicly a more bulky setup.

• 5 months later...

It helps to know what size laptop you are using in order to determine an appropriate cooling pad. I personal use and recommend the Cooler Master CM Storm SF-19. I use it with my iBuyPower CZ-17 (basically a rebranded MSI MS-1762) running a 770M. When playing games I've found that even with the fans off it can reduce my temps by 3 degrees Celsius and when with the fans on it runs 7 degrees Celsius cooler. (this is which Thermal Grizzly Kyronaut thermal compound installed, not the useless OEM stuff)

• 4 weeks later...

They're useless.

If you need more air, buy better fans. A fan is designed for specifics air flows. If it can get an amount of n air, even if you force it to get more, you'll end up with bad performance.

Edited by diegomelch

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, littledriver said:

i need for m18x

I would recommend the Coolermaster U3 even without the fans the design is great for airflow and its pretty robust, most people I know that use cooling pads recommend it

On 5/4/2016 at 9:08 AM, diegomelch said:

They're useless.

If you need more air, buy better fans. A fan is designed for specifics air flows. If it can get an amount of n air, even if you force it to get more, you'll end up with bad performance.

The point of the cooling pad is having a better open access to airflow.

usually having it on a desk or lap limits how much air the system can draw in with good fans.

Just having the breathing room can make a major difference because of limitations drawing in air .

Also how can he get better fans if he is using a laptop its kinda limited to the ones it was built with unless you do some hard modding