is egpu possible in new 12' macbook or surface pro 3?

I am new here, and I plan to purchase an ultrabook(new 12' macbook) or convertible notebook(surface pro 3). I want to play the game fifa onine 3 without losing the mobility of notebook, so i try to research for the external gpu solution. unfortunately both 12' macbook and surface pro 3 does not have thunderbolt or expresscard or mini pci-e connector. What I want to know is that is there any possibility for the usb type-c or usb 3.0 to implement egpu solution?

There are USB 3 to monitor adapters, but they don't have any good 3D performance.

As far as I know USB isn't a good option for eGPU because of the way USB works. I guess in the near future with TB3 merged with USB 3.1 there might be an option, but currently not.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...
Given that ThunderBolt 3 uses the USB3 Type C connector now, and the XPS 12 is proof that TB3 works on Core M, I suspect the Macbook 12 refresh will have ThunderBolt.

yeah while it cannot be earlier to refresh macbook in 2nd gen...

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.