How to set fan speed via modded bios? [Y510p]

orasio

As the title say, what i have to edit to set fan speed on a fixed % (70 or 80%)?

I have already tried in the thermal section of the bios without success, so i was asking to myself if someone has already done it.

Is there someone who can share his knownedge ? :D thanks :D

I haven't modded my BIOS yet but from what I can tell Lenovo has the fan speeds on lockdown. I didn't see anything about fan speeds in modded BIOS run through

You could try the brown wire mod https://www.reddit.com/r/LenovoMasterRace/comments/2jtuhy/y510p_actual_hardware_fan_mod_30f_under_load/ but that locks the fans at 100%

Another option is running IdeaFan http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/7358-ideafan-y510p-y500-g500-y580-y410p.html which runs fans at 100% in intervals of 9s on 1s off

Not sure if this is of any help but it's all I know as far as fan control goes

the problem with ideaFan is that it works only under Windows. I need to unlock fan speed under Debian (Linux). So i thought the only way to do what i was trying to do, was only via Bios setting. Cut the brown wire is not a good choise because fans will always run at 100% speed and, ignoring the noise, will short the fan life.

If that's the case then you might be out of luck. From what I know fan control is locked in the EC and no one has been able to do anything with that apart from tweaking the dust removal functions