AMD FirePro M6100 overclocking vBIOS mod (+ 8***M and R9 M*** series)

Hi there!

Currently I have Dell Precision M6800 with FirePro M6100 on board and decided to get a little bit more from this GPU. As it doesn't support software overclocking, the only way is to modify vBIOS. Most recent public vBIOS modding tools don't work with some new graphics cards (including M6100, M280X and so on), so thats why there is only a "HEX" way for modification.

Since I started this thread, I had many sleepless nights and done a lot of work on modding, so there is a really huge difference between my early and current builds. Here is what we have for now.

Current build: Mystery Magic vBIOS 1150@1650mhz ver.1

Features:

-- Core is clocked to 1150mhz, memory - 1650mhz

-- Maximum total consuming power set to 100W

-- Throttling, voltage and GPU fan adjustments

-- Software overclock is available now with overclocking capabilities up to 1320@1800mhz

-- UVD states are disabled

3dmark Fire Strike (v.1.1)

LdEiEF4.png

AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark

Lw4ctaQ.png

*Test Machine config: Dell M6800, i7, 32gb RAM, SSD, hybrid graphics (Intel+AMD), Windows 7 64-bit.

Future builds:

-- Turn on voltage control for software overclocking

-- Unlock all 896 SP

Downloads:

vBIOS mods directory

My collection of original mobile vBIOS

Flashing instruction:

atiflash.exe -p -f 0 bios.rom

!!!Before flashing, backup your original vBIOS and create bootable recovery usb drive!!!

P.S. Any help and even donations are always welcomed:D

P.S.S. If you have vBIOS version newer then mine - it would be super great, if you share it with us;)

UPD 6/19/2015: Software overclocking unlocked. But stupid TDP limits everything. From this day on every vBIOS is unlocked for software overclocking

UPD 6/19/2015: Uploaded modified vBIOS for Precision M6600 and M6800 with various clock rates and software overclocking unlock

UPD 6/19/2015: TDP variables found, but frequency fluctuations still there

UPD 6/20/2015: Voltage variables found, core frequency is stable, core undervolted. Currently, there is only one vBIOS with this changes released for testing purposes.

UPD 6/21/2015: Found fan variables.

UPD 6/23/2015: New testing release branch with many goodies.

• 5 years later...

@valuxin i need help i have Dell Precision M6700 and I upgraded my gpu to AMD Firepro M6100 and i flashed your V2 bios and also flashed v1 but i am not able to overclock my gpu to 1320Mhz cause whenever i change settings and try to overclock from Msi afterburner it reset all the values to normal i mean if my clocks are 1188Mhz and i try 1320Mhz when i apply it resets back to 1188Mhz how to fix this?

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 11:23 AM, Catboost said:

Hi

Is that possible to reupload the file ?

The link is broken, thanks :)

On 10/22/2022 at 1:39 AM, sakurachan said:

I second this.  I have a precision m6600 and a Firepro M6100 on the way.

The files can be located on another post.  The links on that post still work.

https://notebooktalk.net/topic/506-amd-firepro-m6100-overclocking-vbios-mod-8m-and-r9-m-series/