4-Turn on pc and install GPU drivers

5-Restart

6-READY TO USE :)

Photos

post-35946-14495000361693_thumb.jpg

Benchmarks

3dMark11

post-35946-14495000362034_thumb.png

Source: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,CLEVO CO. W110E

Unigine Heaven 4.0

Unigine%20HEaven%20Benchmark%204_zpsbe6ktawx.png

UNIgine Heaven 4.0 Tessellation Extreme + CPU UNPARK CORES

unigine_zpsgufzaboy.png

Metro Last Light

post-35946-14495000362463_thumb.png

Tomb Raider 2013 Bench (phone photo)

WP_20150618_13_40_09_Pro_zpsvc2d0bas.jpg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmMp5sR7B_g

post-35946-144950003957_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't know sorry :(

According to HWInfo:

-The dedicated GT650M got 8Gbps

-The eGPU+960 got 5Gbps

Could you check with GPUZ? When you click the "?" it opens a little test program that runs the stresstest to see the max bandwidth.

post-27251-14495000666097_thumb.png

That it is running only at PCIexpress 1x speeds. Did you click the ? icon next to the bus interface text to trigger the max speed of your pci express slot? (in GPU-Z)

Captura_zpszsdxpioc.png

Fullscreen same result

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

I have ACER V3 571G and my specification is same like your notebook also i am using galax gtx 960 but i am getting lower performance than you. What is your settings in diy egpu setup and in windows? Could you give me some advice?

Thank you.

@Timilllo

Try to go to nvidia panel and change the bar to "Performance". Also I changed the color resolution to 16 bits and selected "High Performance" laptop plan when gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

I have ACER V3 571G and my specification is same like your notebook also i am using galax gtx 960 but i am getting lower performance than you. What is your settings in diy egpu setup and in windows? Could you give me some advice?

Thank you.

@Timilllo

Try to go to nvidia panel and change the bar to "Performance". Also I changed the color resolution to 16 bits and selected "High Performance" laptop plan when gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

Captura_zpszsdxpioc.png

Fullscreen same result

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What i ment is that PCIexpress 1x 2.0 runs at 1gb/s meaning it runs at 500mbs/500mbs up and down. This means the card is being bottlenecked quite hard, but regardless, still offers good performance from you old card.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks

I am trying to do a project  feels like a project for me -) with w100er - Windows7 , Intel 3632q, HD4000 , dGPU - 650m  and eGPU 1050 - using EVGA 500b as a PSU..

I looked around in the last 3-4 days but I am stuck with error 43 sometimes error 10) .

I installed Prema Bios just yesterday after some worries about ruining my good 11inch  friend , but that gone well.

I tried with couple of nvidia packages and on couple of occasions it get to the point of 1050 recognised as such but not starting - because of the error I presume.

1) I used safe mode / no network  to deinstall the drivers using DDU

2) Then again in Safe  Mode /no Network i used to install package and disable 650m graphics

3) I looked into Prema Bios but couldn't see any options of PCI enabling for hot swapping  ...?

I looked into the corecting the .info files of NVIdia installation but could,n make it up what exactly to write and read that if using Premas Bios could be avoided that step.

Any advice which way to go ?

Thanks