Do we have an up-to-date wiki for all things eGPU?

Chrishnaw

I've spent a lot of time on this forum and while I've learned a lot, I still have many questions that I'm looking for solutions to. The forum stickies and almost every thread that Nando starts hold almost all the information I need, but navigating them is a bit obtuse for new users or people with specific/rare problems.

Is there a community wiki/wikia that organizes this information in a concise, easily searchable, less-linear fashion? If not, can we make one? I quite like Reddit's system of wiki-building, and I think it's familiarity would help bring in newcomers to the eGPU community.

@Chrishnaw , we have no wiki. Several years ago an attempt was made but was not successful. With Intel supporting eGPUs with TB3, a transfer of what we gleamed during the DIY phase of eGPUs into a public domain wiki could be a great service.

If anybody can organize the public domain wiki server to store public knowledge (with backups), then please post.

@Chrishnaw , we have no wiki. Several years ago an attempt was made but was not successful. With Intel supporting eGPUs with TB3, a transfer of what we gleamed during the DIY phase of eGPUs into a public domain wiki could be a great service.

If anybody can organize the public domain wiki server to store public knowledge (with backups), then please post.

I can create a Microsoft Azure website instance on my basic server for no cost but a MySQL database would cost me $$.

Would like to get a Wiki up with hardware support because I found my GTX 680 and GTX 770 to be unstable over EGPU and ended up with a GTX 970 after much time wasted.

• 1 month later...

EDIT: My post below got moved. here. Thanks anonymous admin! So it seems like it is mostly a technical / financial issue? I also run some smaller servers, but I am afraid that they would probably not be able to deal with the load...

What about using Wikia or something similar?

Hey guys

Some days ago I discovered this awesome forum and all the helpful information around here. The same day I ordered my eGPU parts and am now waiting very impatiently for my mail... I had often thought of trying to build something on my own but I never dared to try. You gave me the confidence to do so. Thank you so much!

However, personally I found it a little difficult to get started here. There are a couple of sticky threads around that give basically all the necessary information, but it is still tough to find details and to know what information is up to date.

So I was wondering if it wouldn't be useful to start a wiki somewhere and group and condense all necessary information under topics. This forum is an important resource and couldn't be replaced, but it would maybe help to find important information more quickly and get newcomers started.

What do you guys think?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.