MSI GT70 2PC software upgrade for OC

Dr.Bunhead

Hello

I have MSI GT70 2PC with 870m 3 Gb and i7 4800MQ and i would like to OC it more than stock vBIOS/BIOS let me to do.

What BIOS / EC should i flash it? At time i have BIOS - E1763IMS.50R and EC 1763EMS1 Ver 5.10

Bios says that are builds from... 01/17/2014 - a bit old i guess.

Where can i find new BIOS files? Is there any way to get unlocked BIOS for my rig?

Also question about graphics - i would like to flsh vBIOS for most optimal OC configuration. At time i have OC it for about 83 mhz on core so it hits 1050 mhz and is stable which i guess is pretty nice but i cant realy OC memory clock which is downside of it. GPU-Z says that i have 80.04.EA.0.02 (P2053-0003) version of vBIOS on this card. Is there any newer? Could i get unlocked one?

Thanks for replays :)

And here is a Screenshoot from my GPU-Z with this vBIOS:

post-15583-14495000266618_thumb.gif

Here is my 3D Mark 11 Result: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4700MQ,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1763

And here my 3D Mark Firestrike: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4700MQ,MEDION X782X

I have an Medion Erazer X782* with the MSI GT70 2PC Bios & Medion 5.15 EC Firmware (for the different Sensorbar). The Firestrike Result was with the original Medion Bios.

The Systembios you don´t need to modify, but an Update is a good idea :) 51B is the latest Bios Notebook - The best gaming notebook provider and 517 the latest EC Firmware: Notebook - The best gaming notebook provider

here is the best OC vBIOS for your MSI GTX870M 3GB.

MSI GTX870M mod.zip

Thanks for reply!

What i foud out is that i guess i would need to first flash mmy BIOS to version E1763IMS.50V cause my current BIOS is E1763IMS.50R? And then i flash to latest - E1763IMS.51B?

Or am i reading wrong and mine isnt from E1763IMS.500 ~ E1763IMS.508 cause my ver has letter in the end?

Also i found out that i cant dump my original vBIOS using GPU-z. It makes error that "BIOS reading is not supported on this device"

post-36417-14495000267034_thumb.jpg

I know that i should have backup of original BIOS is something goes wrong... how can i make it in other way?

Unlocked BIOS isnt really that necessary? I thought it was :)

• 4 months later...