GT70 completely freezing when trying to play any game.

cresterk

• 1 month later...

Actually had the same problem of my GT70, not sure what it was but what fixed it was opening it up and re-applying thermal paste both on the cpu and gpu. I also dissembled the the screen cleaned all the connectors with isopropyl alcohol. Not sure what it was but in the end it fixed my screen turning off after 15-40mins of playing. while I was at it, I also re greased the hinges for the screen since a lot of them seem to be dusting up/cracking.

• Thumbs Up 1

89° is very high for a GTX 675MX with only 600MHz Chipclock,i didn`t got 80° with GTX 675MX 4GB and OC Vbios at 1000MHz in several Benchmarks..

Please check Your Thermalpaste and Pads,maybe ist Overhead only a short Time at a Hotspot.

Here the OC Vbios for the MSI GTX 675MX 4GB,with this you don`t have the 135MHz Barrier in MSI Afterburenr.

The Card will make more than 6000 Points in 3Dmark11.

MSI 675mx (4GB) - 80.04.58.00.0E_'OCedition'_rev00.zip