ASUS g46vw msata recognition

deguziiii

Can anyone help me?

I am having problems getting my Msata to be detected on my asus g46vw.

Ive flashed the bios to both 209 and 210, but it still wont detect the msata on a cold start up.

I say "cold start up" because after I Disable Secure Boot Control, Disable Fast Boot, Enable Launch CSM, and Enable "Launch PXE OpROM" it will finally detect it. (without the Launch PXE OpROM, it will not detect for some reason).

With those settings i can finally boot up into windows on the Msata. After it shuts down and stays off for a few hours however, it will not detect again after a cold start. So I basically have to reset those settings and configure it again.

Such a hassle to do this loop over and over.

Any advice?

Try to reinstall windows. I got same problem on g750jh when clean installed from usb stick I think it did not installed something... Because when I installed same iso from dvd disk it worked perfectly. I think it's something related to uefi because after first install from usb stick it didn't detect ssd and log in to bios but after disabling fast boot etc... it loaded in windows but ROG logo disappeared and there was a windows logo during startup.

Try to reinstall windows. I got same problem on g750jh when clean installed from usb stick I think it did not installed something... Because when I installed same iso from dvd disk it worked perfectly. I think it's something related to uefi because after first install from usb stick it didn't detect ssd and log in to bios but after disabling fast boot etc... it loaded in windows but ROG logo disappeared and there was a windows logo during startup.

I can only install from USB. the notebook has no dvd slot. and the ISO was directly from Microsoft so it'd be hard to believe there was an issue. I think it's a bios issue.

I got same ISO from Microsoft direct download link and after installing from USB it didn't work. It only worked after DVD installation))

i don't have an external optical drive, and even if i did, i dont have a dvd copy of the installation since the notebook never came with one. so what do you advise

I understand. But I can't help you much with it because I solved it in the way I told you before. And I didn't search for another solution. You can get a installation iso from Microsoft if you call them and tell them your license key which you can read using program rw everything. After telling them your key ask them about iso with windows matches your key it can be Win8 OEM or Win8 SL etc. And they will mail you with a link for direct iso download. I done all this with my g750jh because I wanted to wipe hdd add an ssd and get aclean copy of windows installed on my ssd. They can also give you a link for win 8.1 but you'll need to activate it by phone after installation it can take more then 5 minutes but it's value it! In your case I would try reinstall windows from usb drive and if it doesn't help borrow form a friend an external usb dvd rom and install from it. Also they are kind a cheap these days so buying one of them is not a big deal but it may be helpful in some cases. Also I removed my blue ray drive because of optibay installation with storage drive and put it in to cheap dvd drive case value for about 6usd and it works good and can be used with every pc or laptop which has usb port.

I understand. But I can't help you much with it because I solved it in the way I told you before. And I didn't search for another solution. You can get a installation iso from Microsoft if you call them and tell them your license key which you can read using program rw everything. After telling them your key ask them about iso with windows matches your key it can be Win8 OEM or Win8 SL etc. And they will mail you with a link for direct iso download. I done all this with my g750jh because I wanted to wipe hdd add an ssd and get aclean copy of windows installed on my ssd. They can also give you a link for win 8.1 but you'll need to activate it by phone after installation it can take more then 5 minutes but it's value it! In your case I would try reinstall windows from usb drive and if it doesn't help borrow form a friend an external usb dvd rom and install from it. Also they are kind a cheap these days so buying one of them is not a big deal but it may be helpful in some cases. Also I removed my blue ray drive because of optibay installation with storage drive and put it in to cheap dvd drive case value for about 6usd and it works good and can be used with every pc or laptop which has usb port.

tried reinstalling with proper dvd like you said, didnt work. still same issue.

bump, anyone else have suggestions?

• Bios Modder
its a patriot pyro m3 ssd. i looked and there are no firmware or drivers on the patriot website.

In this case may be issue with SandForce SF-2281 compability.

• Bios Modder
any way to mod the bios to make it compatible? or is that not even a possibility?

I think, in this case, only one way -> to change SSD with another controller.