OFFICIAL: M18x Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Jimbo the 6990M's have more overclock room than 6970m.. I have reached those speeds you can go a bit higher on the core... try a slightly lower memory setting and raise the core.... also you wont be able to get the core as high on 3dmark11 as you will on Vantage cheers!

Lol you guys i was lucky at my parents their AC points the air straight up.. so I rested the front of lappy on a chair and other stuff and rest back bottom directly over the ac air flow... can't wait to get more AC benches in just I can't always anytime go and do that.

I noticed the ES version of i7 2920 is so much powerful compare to QS i7 2920. Nice score btw , you just beat johnksss

I only able to reach 8303. AMD Radeon HD 6970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P8303 3DMarks

He did an amazing job beating the score on the overall score but if you check here on my bench you will see the QS is right on par and is just a matter of how you set it... not bad right? 10k physics(cpu) on 3dmark11

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/1039-official-m18x-benchmarking-thread.html#post13001

I need to work on beating the 30700~ cpu score vantage Johnkss got... I know I can go above... I got points away from it with no AC i just need more time with my parents one soon.

my QS vs Johns ES is nearly the same we are both neck and neck on stuff. I barely beat his wprime 1024m i only beat his by mere fractions of a second. Though I did get some good wprime 32m scores and Super Pi... like I said nearly same chip overlocked and its all about how you set it.

Edited by mw86

He did an amazing job beating the score on the overall score but if you check here on my bench you will see the QS is right on par and is just a matter of how you set it... not bad right? 10k physics(cpu) on 3dmark11

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m18x/1039-official-m18x-benchmarking-thread.html#post13001

I need to work on beating the 30700~ cpu score vantage Johnkss got... I know I can go above... I got points away from it with no AC i just need more time with my parents one soon.

my QS vs Johns ES is nearly the same we are both neck and neck on stuff. I barely beat his wprime 1024m i only beat his by mere fractions of a second. Though I did get some good wprime 32m scores and Super Pi... like I said nearly same chip overlocked and its all about how you set it.

Your words bring me hope :)

Jimbo thats awesome now to match my 167~ secs just attempt a 4600mhz-4650mhz and I needed 15 flex for that run but thats because I did it at 4638mhz... cheers keep up the great work Jimbo. Try 4.8ghz or higher for 32m and you will get close to my 5.2~secs

2022547.png

2920XM at 5090.6 MHz 1core 1 thread enabled CPU-Z

2023237.png

2920XM 5083.55 MHz 4cores 8threads enabled CPU-Z

AMD Radeon HD 6970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2920XM Processor,Alienware M18xR1 score: P6648 3DMarks

3dmark11 10146cpu 46x 100.9bclk 4638mhz 117 long and 117short 128tdc 15flex

post-34-14494991771319_thumb.png

post-34-14494991772163_thumb.png

2920XM at 51x multiplier

post-34-14494991772482_thumb.png

superpi 7.485secs 50x 100bclk 300amp 300watt this was with AC when I did my 1024m wprime

Time is my enemy... when I have more of it there plenty more I've got up my sleeve lol

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wow, awesome!!! This CPU is very impressive... 5GHz on a mobile processor :D

Time is my enemy... when I have more of it there plenty more I've got up my sleeve lol

Yeah, most benching sessions get either limited by time or lack of cooling... can be frustrating.

Wow, awesome!!! This CPU is very impressive... 5GHz on a mobile processor :D

Yeah, most benching sessions get either limited by time or lack of cooling... can be frustrating.

exactly how scenario goes... so close so close almost there just a little farther crash so close so close almost there just a little farther crash so close so close almost there just a little farther damn I just ran out of time... lol something like that... I just know just as I get to a new level and am trying to test the limits I run out of time or pass out in front of my system ha ha ha ha its sooo bad lol sleep deprivation is the best drug money can by lol I'd like to say I'm joking but even now I feel like passing out ha ha catch you later SVL7 I'm getting those HWbot scores submitted no matter what today it can't wait any longer lol I'm out... been up all night

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

superpi 7.363secs 51x99.6bclk 150amp 99watt 73flex

I actually did this on room temps...

51x multiplier @ 5080.3mhz

th_eb7d1233.png

2 cores active no hyperthreading

Edited by mw86
  • Thumbs Up 2