M14x 2nd HDD is slow

Hello everyone.

I have an M14x R1 which I bought in June 2011.

Recently I have decided to replace my HDD (Samsung 500gb) which came with the system and bought a SSD.

So I put the SSD as the first drive unit and replaced my optical drive with a HDD bay and the original HDD.

I started Windows from the HDD in the optical slot to backup my data and did not have any problems.

Then I installed a new Windows on the SSD.

My first move was to erase the old Windows partition from the HDD which ran smoothly. Then I installed my first application on the second HDD, which was Firefox.

Immediatelly I figured that there was something wrong.

The access time of the 2nd HDD was very very very slow.

Every software that I install or download, or every folder that I try to access I have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before Windows stops processing the request.

After I already have access to the folder, the problem only happens again if the software tries to write anything to that folder. For example, Firefox and its Temp data.

I have tried many things but still couldn't come with an answer.

Can anyone help me?

- Index is disabled

- Windows search is disabled

- Cache is enabled on the 2nd HDD

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As my problems continued, I have tried a new approach.

I erased everything again. Both Drives.

After a clean install of Windows, I did not disable/enable anything regarding performance improvements or tweaks for my SSD.

So far, everything is running better.

I'll continue testing and report back in case there are any news.