Laptop with a screen of 18 inches or more

Omega Force

Question

Hi,

I’m looking to buy a laptop.

The size of the screen: 18 inches or more.

The price range: €2000 to €3500 = $2230 to $3900.

For now I have found only two laptops with a screen of 18 inches: the Alienware 18 and the MSI GT80.

But I didn’t find any laptop with a screen bigger than 18 inches.

If you know of any other laptops with a screen of 18 inches, or if you know of a laptop with a screen even bigger than that, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

There's a couple Acer and Asus models over 18 inches I think, found this in a quick search. Not sure if they're any good and they probably won't match the performance you'll see on the Alienware 18 or MSI GT80.

Any particular reason you're looking for 18 inches + (most laptops are 18.4") if you don't mind me asking? There's a lot more choice if you expand your search to 17.3" and you don't necessarily lose performance.

If used and quite a tad older is not an issue: HP Pavilion HDX 9000.

Afaik, there isn't anything larger, before or since ... explains the price tag, even today.

Otherwise; that 18.4" is it. The AW and the MSI are also the last of their kind since these panels aren't manufactured anymore. The MSI is using old stock and once that runs out; goodbye to anything >17.3" for now. Reason behind that seems to be the new IPS and eDP technology, rather than the TN and LVDS used in the 18.4". Could wait a while though; whatever issues are hindering the larger laptop displays, it's bound to be sorted some day ... bit unfortunate that laptops have slim margins/sales nowadays, that won't help speed up development.