880m Sli Weird Issue

Hello,

I bought an Alienware with 880m sli, I had a good deal for that laptop despite all the warnings and negative feedback on 880m.

Anyways, I keep getting a low 3dmark Fire Strike 1.1 score, the score varries from 8400 to 8700! I flashed both cards with a custom vbios ( SV17 & Jhon) and got even a lower score...

I turned off cpu overclocking, hooked the laptop to an exteral monitor, and the score was still low meaning I dont have power isssues.

I used MSI Afterburn to monitor both GPU activities and in fact they managed to run constantly at 995 Mhz @ 79~82 C max temperature!

Something is wrong here and I cant figure it out. I used a different driver 337X but stills, same problems.

My single GPU test yeilds in a score of 5500, I should be getting the double of that when running both GPUs.

Thanks all and sorry for my ****ty English.

Please advise!

That's not "weird" that's "880M". It's a problem that has plagued those cards in SLI since their inception. You might get decent in-game performance but your synthetic benchmarks I believe will forever take a hit.

You would quite literally be better off selling the 880Ms and buying two 780Ms and overclocking them slightly.

is there maybe a vbios update from your manufacturer's website.. i have a laptop with SLI as well and i needed to update my vbios until SLI worked.. maybe theres just 1 video card running.. that would explain your bad scores