Processor advice for Alienware 17 Ranger

I'm currently on my second AW17 Ranger ( the 2014 refresh with the GTX880M card ) after the original was butchered by a Dell tech subcontractor - but that's a story for another day!

I mainly use Flight Simulator X Gold ( which I am pretty sure is more CPU-dependent ) and TS2105 which also seems to be more CPU dependent.

I currently have a higher spec processor in the crosshairs; an i7 4910mq; my existing CPU being the i7 4710mq. Now the 4910 will cost me GBP 350,00 and I should be able to get GBP 175.00 for the 4710 meaning the cost to upgrade is 175 pounds.....

I know that the 4910 has 9mb of on-chip L2 + L3 cache and the 4710 has only 7mb, and that the 4910 has a lot more instruction sets enabled, but in terms of real-world performance I know nothing!

I'm interested in your opinions as to the value of the upgrade - is it a worthwhile move in any terms?

The rest of the spec is as follows:

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate

Core i7 4710MQ

16gb DDR3

Nvidia Geforce GTX 880M

512 gb SSD x2

256 gb mSATA

Regards

Dave