Ideapad Y510P Haswell new bios update 3.08

jam97

Flash BIOS update - Flash from Operating System version for IdeaPad Y410P/Y510P

Version 74CN47WW(V3.08)

Applicable OS Win7 & Win8 & Win8.1(all 32-bit & 64-bit)

Installation README

Updated Date:2015-1-30

This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on IdeaPad Y410P/Y510P

BIOS, abbreviation of Basic Input/Output System, is integrated in ROM chip on main board, which contains the basic input/output program, system configuration information, system startup self-check and pre-setup programs. BIOS provides most basic low-level hardware operations; it is the connection between software and hardware, and interfacing window of hardware and operating system.

Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.

Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.

Print this file so that you can refer to it during the installation.

Downloading the package

=======================

1. Click the file link to download the file from the web page.

2. When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.

Installing the package in Windows.

======================

1. Locate the file viqyx308.exe that has been downloaded.

2. Double click the viqyx308.exe icon.

3. Click install

4. Click flash bios

5. Press Enter to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.

6. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.

Updated Information:

Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.

Summary of changes

==================

General Information:

74CN47WW

1. Implement code for uEFI security vulnerabilities.

Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Y Series laptops :: IdeaPad Y510p Notebook - Lenovo Support (US)

• Thumbs Up 2

I assume this is a locked version of the BIOS, right? So, we would either need slv7 (or someone else) to work on a fix or live with a locked BIOS if we choose to update
Hello Guys. I had installed this version. Ok?

Now i can't install Windows 8.1 using uefi mod! and also I my laptop doesn't recognize USB Disk builded by Rufus to install uefi mode windows. anyone can help me?!

Excuse me admins, this update is very annoying for me...

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems the same here too. Except now I cannot unlock my BIOS.. :ah:

EDIT: Actually. If the BIOS is basically the same, would I be able to trick slv7's biosfixer tool into modifying my 3.08 into a 3.05 file? Or is this a quick way to brick my laptop?

• Thumbs Up 2

I recently downloaded the v3.08 BIOS from the lenovo site and it gave me an error at installation. Tried multiple times and reboots. I gave up on it and then glad it actually never installed because apparently doing the modded bios is the better way to go

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...