Want to flash my vbios on 970m 3gb mxm - MSI GT72-406

Hello,

I have just purchased this laptop and want to overclock the graphics card but haven't found any vbios made for this version of 970m mxm model which is on msi gt72-406. This is an earlier version of the laptop and does not have the 970m with 6gb VRAM.

I want to overclock this card so I can maybe get it to the stock version of 980m or higher, so that I can get better fps in latest games

i have not done this before and will be my first time

if I need to donate to have this done I will do so

also I will be able to upload the stock vbios here later today when I get back home

here it is GM204.zip

if i go any higher than 1241 on base clock i get black or gray screen in Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor , i can go as high as +400 on memory clock without any crash or black or gray screen , over voltage is at 25.0 mV, i have no idea if it should go higher it's kind of the max i can go for nothing more is available in the settings.

is it at all possible to get better results ? like by tweaking the Vbios abit more

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same situation, same laptop. Not sure if mine is the 406 though. I've got to 1300 baking in overclocks with maxell tweaker II, but on less demanding/higher frame rate games I'm running into the power limit. I can't find a way around to unlocking this limit on mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
Me too !! I did not see any vBios around the net for GTX 970M 3 GB Memory..... Please P.M me too Klem!!

& Here's the Link for my Original vBios (Model : MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro) : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7haSexhwjCkSTFjd0dRZlNZVkk

Check your PM box.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...