Lenovo y510p sli - constant crash while sli is enabled while gaming

MACKGEVER

Hi all.

I have huge problem here. My laptop is slowly making me mad. So my sli causing crashes "display driver stopped ressponding and recovered" and "device has been removed or hung/hang" and ocasionally BSOD " dpc_watchdog_violation". I send back my laptop but lenovo said that everything is okey. In benchmarks sli works like charm even in furmark but while gaming it random crash with screen freeze but game is still running (sound works well so i know that only display is frozen) so i have to use alt+tab to escape this crap. Is there anyone who can give me solution or advice how to fix this issue ??

What have i did so far :

- vbios updated of second card

-all drivers up to date

-reinstall and downgrade to previous versions

-it isnt becouse of temps. (its about 78-89 degress of celsius)

-clean reinstall of OS WIn 8.1

-system is up to date

-no hardware isuess found

-crashing even on games like Counter-strike: GO (i have about 120-220 fps on maxed settings on sli and 58-120 fps on single card)

-single card doesnt couse crashes

Sory for my bad language . I'm looking to hear from you :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Numerous things could be wrong, but since you stated you did a clean reinstall of windows, and that a single card works with no problems, first thing i would do, would be checking the power supply if its faulty. Test it with another power supply if you can.

You can stress test the gpus with furmark have it running until gpus reach max temperatures to see if you can reproduce the problem. It could also be that you have some bitcoin mining malware eating up your gpu processing power, but i guess then you would be getting crashes on single gpu too, but its worth checking with malwarebytes. Otherwise if you google the problem you will find numerous software fixes: FIX 1, FIX 2, FIX 3 etc.

As I said in furmark everything is ok. I was trying to undervolt and underclock but this didnt fixed my problem. My hardware is 100% no damge because I sent month ago my laptop to service to check that is a hardware and it isnt it. I can make stress test with any program and still everything is ok. So I'm dump. I dunno what is wrong with this laptop :( Also i scaned my system with malwarebytes and it didnt fixed anything. I was trying almost all kind of fixes (tdr in register change, undervolt , underclock, nvidia control panel various of settings, nvidia inspector, msi afterburner and more...) so I dont know what to do :(

There it is : View image: sli755m As you can see temps of ultrabay card are not even close to 90 degress. I'm dump what is wrong.

I am having the same exact issue, though I just reinstalled Windows 7 and we'll see if that helped, but prior it didnt matter what my voltage settings were, stock , -100mv, -25mv, -112.5mv. However, from what I have seen it only affects DX11 games for me. Games like skyrim will not crash even after long periods undervolted. Games like Shadow of Mordor, ETS2, Tomb Raider (all of which use DX11) will crash at random periods while using SLI. They do not crash however when using a single card. This was all on the latest drivers of course.

I can say that voltage is on stock. I was trying previously underclocking but it didnt worked so i went back to default settings. I tried factory drivers and still it wont working. I can't find stock bios for ultrabay card (I have upgraded bios from lenovo support site but it isnt fix). I will try to run prime95 and 3dmark in same time but i guess that wont change anything.

I did stress test with prime and 3dmark in same time and my laptop sucessfully survived it maybe not like a charm but it passed without crash. Any clues ?? I'm dump :(

I send to you my temps when hung/ game freeze/ driver crash : http://prntscr.com/6o1fq8 .

I send to you my dxdiag : http://www.speedyshare.com/BHQb5/DxDiag.txt .

I hope someone will figure it out because I Gave up :( No more ideas what to do. In the end i will try overvoltage ...

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm...It's not game fault. I'm 100% sure. Each game I trying to play with SLI enabled is ending with crash. Tested dying light , bf3 , bf4 , Bf hardline , middle earth , zombie Army trylogy , even gothic 3 ... Im dump. I feel rly bad. I payed for gaming laptop so much money and it working lukę 3/4 of price version with one card. I have Clue for you : never buy laptop with SLI especially from Lenovo... Peace out. I Retrie.

c

EDIT: I fixed it partially by Forceware_coolbits from http://www.Guru3D.com but still there are situations for example in CS:GO where i getting random artifacts and display freeze/sound loop occur. Now i can play GTA 5 with sli with no crashes but it isnt complete fix. I'm looking for help from you :D .

Hmm...It's not game fault. I'm 100% sure. Each game I trying to play with SLI enabled is ending with crash. Tested dying light , bf3 , bf4 , Bf hardline , middle earth , zombie Army trylogy , even gothic 3 ... Im dump. I feel rly bad. I payed for gaming laptop so much money and it working lukę 3/4 of price version with one card. I have Clue for you : never buy laptop with SLI especially from Lenovo... Peace out. I Retrie.

c

EDIT: I fixed it partially by Forceware_coolbits from Guru3D.com but still there are situations for example in CS:GO where i getting random artifacts and display freeze/sound loop occur. Now i can play GTA 5 with sli with no crashes but it isnt complete fix. I'm looking for help from you :D .

I have the same problem with CSGO and Dying Light.

I tried:

- Windows 8 System Recovery;

- Installed Windows 7;

- A lot of cooling mod;

- Disabled 2 Cores and Threads Cores;

- Removed the ultrabay card;

- Underclock and Undervoltage;

- Bios Mod.

Nothing worked.

Finally, today I tried to dump my vbios and the Y510p and it bricked. :23_002: