[tested & working] M14x BIOS A03 unlocked

Alex Six

Edit by svl7:

BIOS is tested and confirmed to work, pictures of the menus will follow.

Big thanks to @DaneGRClose for being the guinea pig (once more, lol).

Here some pictures of the main menus, thanks @n3ocort3x for providing them!

post-340-14494991690006_thumb.jpg

post-340-14494991689017_thumb.jpg

Original Post:

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire member of teh bios-unlocking team has made a test file.... it is in that shared folder with Alex 6ix in teh title..... any takers?

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x/561-bios-voltage-unlock-nv-gt555m.html this is the tread that started it all, i went and posted on Bios-Mods.com and got a response.

he seems legit.

Alienware M14x bios unlocking help/request. <--- this is the bios mod reqest i made with his post.

PW is 'donate' minus the ''

post-340-14494991688017_thumb.jpg

post-340-14494991688525_thumb.jpg

post-340-14494991689513_thumb.jpg

post-340-1449499169051_thumb.jpg

post-340-14494991691013_thumb.jpg

post-340-14494991691504_thumb.jpg

Edited by svl7
added pics of bios menus
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd do it, but I don't have an M14x... sorry. Do you happen to have some more details? Who exactly modded it etc.?

Edit: Btw. the download requires a password...

If you can give us some details on the modder, site, etc I'm down tomorrow when mine lands. I'm always up for unlocked bios's and performance increases but I'm also not willing to flash something as big as a sBIOS without some info on it ;)

@Alex - Thanks for posting this. I do have some questions i wanted to ask the developer before trying this... Our bios has the voltage for both the intel and the nvidia gpu. The intel is already adjustable as well as the clocks. How does he know he has modified the Nvidia voltage vs the intel voltage?

Did he create an extra menu or something in the bios that allows modification of the nvidia voltage?

I am asking this to protect myself and all members as i dont want to see ANYONE ruin their machines. Yes I know we all still have our warranty ... Thanks for taking a chance and reaching out to his site.

Edited by Stevenxowens792

Hey Steven,good point. I just posted on BIOS-mods and asked what exactly got changed. I assume it only unlocks the hidden options in the BIOS and nothing in addition to this, but we'll see. I'm curious myself, the 555m with adjustable core voltage would be pretty cool... :)

RE: Alienware M14x bios unlocking help/request.I haven't created any menu, just unhide the existing ones.

looks like, he did it? anybody wanna try it out now?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? we need BRAVE SOULS :C

I'd do it but my M14x is acting up as it is, looks like dell has struck a home run again with my rig. Damn thing won't even boot into windows half the time. If I get things sorted with my current hardware over the weekend I'll try it out.

Edit: Shoot I may just flash it to push dell over the edge for a replacement, this is ridiculous and apparantly the issues I have only warrant a hdd and ram, friggin idiots.

Edited by DaneGRClose

Also.. the original clock is 590, I can already play at 790 on most games no prob. So how many cards would allow a 200 mhz overclock. its pretty insane as is.. now .. if we increase the voltage maybe we get to 815 or 820? I Need to think about risk vs reward here... (just for my own machine)

Shoot Dane.. I need to make you a list of stuff... A01 is the bios you want. A03 has the clocks locked on battery at like 200/300 or something insane like that.

1. Bios A01 (and make custom power profile to set video on balanced for battery)

2. Windows optimizations (msconfig startup, Windows set to performance, Page file)

3. Kill all the alienware services unless you need them (alienfx, facial recognition, all that mess)

4. Core Parking (up to you.. ) I leave mine parked now unless I am benchmarking.

5. About to be dinner here.. probably think of more in a while

Also.. the original clock is 590, I can already play at 790 on most games no prob. So how many cards would allow a 200 mhz overclock. its pretty insane as is.. now .. if we increase the voltage maybe we get to 815 or 820? I Need to think about risk vs reward here... (just for my own machine)

No, if it was possible to run the card at a higher voltage you would look at a significantly higher improvement in clocks... more like additional 100MHz if the card can keep up, but there are other possible problems, e.g. over current protection.

Flashed this Bios, nothing seems wrong with it at all. It's basically the same exact thing that got put out for the M17xR3 that simply unlocks the rest of the hidden menus, nothing I can see in there that's gonna help much but I could be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Flashed this Bios, nothing seems wrong with it at all. It's basically the same exact thing that got put out for the M17xR3 that simply unlocks the rest of the hidden menus, nothing I can see in there that's gonna help much but I could be wrong.

Excellent work, +rep! (as soon as allowed) As I expected, just unlocked BIOS... the editor of the BIOS went on vacation for a while, so I haven't heard from him yet, but I hope he can somehow manage to extract the vbios or get access to some values... of it.

Can you post some screenshots of the menus? Would be greatly appreciated!!

Dane.. can you confirm it's the unlocked version of A03? Thanks!

+rep

Also.. Can you see if you can up the bclk past 103.1 (our limit?). You dont have to apply the settings, Im just curious if it allows you to do it.

Thanks again.. and yes.. you win the HUGE BALLS AWARD!

Edited by Stevenxowens792

Yeah it's unlocked A03, I don't dare shut it down right now as it's in Windows working. I will flash it to the new mobo when it comes at the beginning of the week to test the BCLK if no one else has. Thanks for the "HUGE BALLS AWARD" rofl. I have complete care on it and Dell is too damn stupid to know what happened to it even if it did bonk a good mobo so no big deal. Honestly if it wasn't for my own troubleshooting skill I'd be sitting here with two busted base model computers lol. I'm just wondering how long it's gonna take this time for them to offer me a new upgraded rig lol.

i´m interested... cant wait... will flash it now an report... xD

====EDIT====

Okay the BIOS is unlocked.... so far so good... more feautures to select.

The BCKL is locked at 103 (as before). I really apreciate the work but

its useless for things I want to do...

-) overclock the CPU over 103 BCKL

-) overclock the NV GPU over 790 (also locked)

we will see... maybe its the next step and someone can post it in the moders forum

greetz

Edited by n3ocort3x

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little bump, still looking for pictures of the menus, if someone comes around to make some and up them here - greatly apprecitated. Would make this thread complete.

• 2 weeks later...