NVIDIA officially states they cut overclocking from mobile GPU's... :(

Filthy bastards. I hope their souls receive extra measure of torment in hell for this act of treachery and customer betrayal.

@Prema did you get good results with it using the unlocked vBIOS?

I'm going to test it on my own with 780M SLI in the R2 and 980M SLI in the Panther, but just curious if you (or anyone else) had a chance to check performance and stability.

Welp, I guess there isnt a point to getting a P650SG then...Sad as I was really looking forward to purchasing one soon.

Guess Ill just pick up some used y410p and build a desktop for at home.

Just get it and get a stock vbios dump or use the mod.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

If I can go that route then sure, im just weary of the drivers checking against it in the future.

Anything they throw at us this generation can be worked around, its next generation we should be worried about. Just don't upgrade drivers or wait for someone to mod them. Next generation they could ship with an encrypted vbios or worse, an efuse type mechanism but they can't do either with already shipped cards. Even nVidia wouldn't be stupid enough to release a driver update that force flashes a secure vBIOS when it's installed, the brick risk, not to mention the legality of intentionally crippling something that was already purchased would be their worst PR problem in history.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I wonder, what in the hell is the comment "This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys." supposed to mean. Since WHEN do we need help with security updates from the Jolly Green Giant? What do they mean by "security" LOL? Scary, scary!!

So, two drivers released today????

This one too????

GEFORCE 341.44 DRIVER

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82467/en-us

With such an old numbering branch? What the heck?

Edit: Hopefully, their notion of security doesn't mean some kind of protection to block or interfere with end-user INF mods. I guess we will find out in a few minutes when I do my INF mod.

Does anybody know why we can't use desktop capture on mobile GPUs?

Because Nvidia hates its notebook users and loves artificially limiting us. Although if you don't have Optimus, you can enable it with this hack: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/808226/-solution-shadowplays-desktop-capture-for-notebooks-laptops/

• Thumbs Up 1

When using a mod it might not even work. its possible tht future drives will check this and disable the OC before letting you continue. We might be stuck using an old set of drivers until absolutely forced to update for a certain game or program.

I wonder, what in the hell is the comment "This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys." supposed to mean. Since WHEN do we need help with security updates from the Jolly Green Giant? What do they mean by "security" LOL? Scary, scary!!

So, two drivers released today????

This one too????

GEFORCE 341.44 DRIVER

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 341.44 Driver WHQL

With such an old numbering branch? What the heck?

NV going deep...'La Recherche de la Fécalité'...;)

Antonin Artaud

Because Nvidia hates its notebook users and loves artificially limiting us. Although if you don't have Optimus, you can enable it with this hack: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/808226/-solution-shadowplays-desktop-capture-for-notebooks-laptops/

This doesn't work. I've tried it on all 3 of my laptops. 765m 870m and 970m. worked on non of them

Yeah, works great on laptops that are not hobbled by Optimus. Might be why NVIDIA has not made it available on mobile. There would be a lot of drama around it not working.

Intel HD Graphics is always getting "in the way" of awesomeness. I'm so glad my P570WM CPU doesn't even have an iGPU. Waste of space on the processor.

- - - Updated - - -

NV going deep...'La Recherche de la Fécalité'...;)

Antonin Artaud

LOL! ;) Gotta love their poopy-doo.

I used your CUDA Encoder mod on my latest desktop driver mod. Credit given where credit it due. Works fantastic with 345.20 as well.

Maybe nvidia had some alpha stage stuff in those driveres so they decided to cut them with flesh out of *.sys files?

Oh sheeeet

Open Geforce Drivers Part 2 | GAMENAB

By the way here how to OC your Mobile GPU without the need of flashing the Vbios......
I will continue later, really late now. But I leave you with this. Shaders can be unlocked, Should I explain how to do it ? but it is limited to few Maxwell Mobile GPU :).

Also James D, I know you will like this ;)

More information about the upcoming projects. | GAMENAB

But I have some good news.

I will try to release the DSR patch for mobile GPU, depending on the NVIDIA situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also James D, I know you will like this ;)

I would if I knew it's true:unconscious: But I will be surprised if something he teased would happen at all.

Just imagine how huge crown he would get if he is a troll? Man, I myself would congratulate him.

For now even if he knows something he really doesn't want to give it in a finished form (like instruction or files for download)..

I would if I knew it's true:unconscious: But I will be surprised if something he teased would happen at all.

Just imagine how huge crown he would get if he is a troll? Man, I myself would congratulate him.

For now even if he knows something he really doesn't want to give it in a finished form (like instruction or files for download)..

Yeah I'm skeptical too but we'll see. He's run his mouth quite a bit but Gamenab hasn't actually given us anything so far.