Dying Light?

quietas

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know, I actually bought the game right before I sold my 680Ms (Alienware M18x R2) to finance my 980Ms in SLI. I still haven't received the GPUs, so I haven't been able to play the game. No way the integrated GPU could handle it. Not sure, but I know there's LAN co-operative from what friends who have fully paid versions have told me. *ahem* It looks like a blast to play though! Can't wait to see how the 980ms handle it.

I'm definitely enjoying it. Way more than I did Dead Island, the parkour is a really fun way to get around. The zombie AI is really good, as in they are idiots, just stumble around, trip and fall off things constantly.

There is online and offline coop which worked really smoothly. I have played it with a buddy on LAN and it went really well.

The performance can be iffy for some, I'm running a MSI GT60 0NE with a 680M which handles it well enough.

Theres a utility called Dying Light Manager which adds some neat tweaks to it, and disabled some annoying post processing effects.

• Founder
i think it's good fun even though it's highly unoriginal when it comes to themes and mechanics but even so it's well put together. shame i can't play well at 60fps so i have resorted to 30fps and it's still doable.

30 FPS with an OC'd 780M sounds very low, you should easily be hitting 50 fps+ even at 1080p. You should adjust some of the settings you use.

30 FPS with an OC'd 780M sounds very low, you should easily be hitting 50 fps+ even at 1080p. You should adjust some of the settings you use.

it can do about 50-60fps at 1600x900 but it's not consistent. 30fps is doable and it's more consistent over a highly variable 50-60fps. sure it's not the most ideal but it'll do and it's a fun game to play.

• Founder
it can do about 50-60fps at 1600x900 but it's not consistent. 30fps is doable and it's more consistent over a highly variable 50-60fps. sure it's not the most ideal but it'll do and it's a fun game to play.

What settings do you use and which version of Dying Light?

What settings do you use and which version of Dying Light?

v1.4.0

- 1920x1080

- Fullscreen

- no vsync (using adaptive vsync)

- med/high textures

- medium shaders

- medium foliage

- view distance is about 15-20%

- Ambient occulsion on

- HBAO+ off

- nvidia DOF off

- FXAA

- Motion blur on

- film grain off

• Founder
v1.4.0

- 1920x1080

- Fullscreen

- no vsync (using adaptive vsync)

- med/high textures

- medium shaders

- medium foliage

- view distance is about 15-20%

- Ambient occulsion on

- HBAO+ off

- nvidia DOF off

- FXAA

- Motion blur on

- film grain off

And all that only yields 30 fps stable? Very odd, I'd have expected much more.

I just recently beat it. Was getting 30+ on i5 2500k and a gtx 680 on 1080p with everything on except AA. draw distance was turned to 1/4 though. Game is fun to play. Playing with 4 people is like herding cats if people aren't focused on the objective though :/

I wasn't super impressed with dying light. I thought it was too similar in theme to dead island but still not as quality of game. Graphics are obviously better and requires a decent comp to play on max setting I had to tone it down a bit on my Y510p.

I had a problem with it. Intially everything was perfectly okay but after some missions and once the spitter zombies popped out my FPS dropped drasticly for no bigger reason. The patch didn't help a lot and my PC is quite new so I am still looking for some way to solve it.

Gameplay wise, the game's good and fun. The fact that it rewards you for running around the city with new perks is neat as otherwise I would call lots of BS on that but this way I feel "ok" not having an option to speed travel in such a vast city.

From the reviews ive been reading it seems that you need a super computer to play this game. Some people complain they get like 60 fps in the tutorial part of the game but when you start playing it dips so low its almost unplayable. I myself have yet to try it maybe i will soon but the game itself doesnt really do anything for me. There are no new elements it brings to the table just a grab whatever you can and beat the living daylights out of zombies with a small element of parkour. Eh, maybe when it goes on sale in steam.

• 2 weeks later...

I did, played it for a month or so,dont thing it has lan co-op though, and, I feel kinda mixed about this game.

On one hand they really took their time to refine this game, it is absolutely not a rushed product(even the release date had been delayed once) ,and you can feel it, right after the moment you jump in: the atmosphere is great, detail of that once thrived city is great, the story line feels natural and make sense(well...that's..for the most parts at least..), melee and gun play are smooth and actually exciting, not to mention the out standing night time game play.

all in all, after bought games like DayZ, H1Z1 and all of those "early access", incomplete, broken as hell, and some time, poorly executed games, I can really really take a break by play such a high quality game, namely, dying light.

Annnnnnnnnnd, here comes the "BUT", BUT, this game is just so full of cliches, and so "techlandish" - i mean..come on..can't you techland people come up with anything other than your good old Dead Island ? The combat style the crafting the..freaking world .. are so Dead island. And though the graphic is great, it's also laggy, until you lower your "view distance" to almost zero, which doesn't really have any significant impact on "the look of this game" from my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Played this last night with my Lenovo Y410p. Runs amazing, and looks amazing. Native resolution and all the graphics settings at minimum my fps fluctuates between 25-60. Smoke and fire effects seem to be fairly demanding. Looking to overclock past the +135 limit Nvidia Inspector offers. A bit afraid of GPU temps rising over 90 though. Now it stays around 85 celsius.

Been playing this with lenovo y410p without any hitches. Just amazing. GPU overclocked by +135mhz, which boosts fps 4-5 frames per second. Totally playable with native resolution with lowest graphics settings!

I can just keep myself. I was deciding on a new game (waiting for GTA-V) and it was between Dying light and BF Hardline. BF Hard line won out, and I lost (nothing but problems). Should have gotten Dying Light, but I had recently finished Dead Rising 3, and didn't want to play another zombie game. Will wait for steam sale.

It's fun but I'm playing with really low graphics settings on my ideapad and I really want to play with higher settings. Overclocking didn't help me much with this game even though I've had huge improvements with other games like League. Although for league I keep it on the lowest settings because I don't pay attention to the graphics for that game.

Great game on Coop, just too many open world games right now. Its sort of like a mix of dead island meet mirrors edge, its great, just way too many open world coop games right now. I bought it, but I shelved it and moved to other games, I want to come back though, I read they are going to add vehicles in this, I wonder what I would be with that?

Dying Light was very entertaining. The only negative is that they need more weapons or levels or something. While the campaign does last quite a while, the little random missions and limited weapon options kind of gets old. Late-game gets a little frustrating as well. By the time I made it to the second part of the map, it felt like I was grinding quests. The final mission was awesome though.