eGPU cases

Dschijn

@shirazigs That depends on the case... unfortunately the 90° riser must be pointing into the other direction. The risers you linked would point (in a normal PC) down and away from the mainboard. We need them point towards the mainboard.

The risers you linked are not "wrong", but if you want to use them you will need a long riser cable to get all the way around the card and back to the AKiTiO.

19 hours ago, Dschijn said:

@shirazigs That depends on the case... unfortunately the 90° riser must be pointing into the other direction. The risers you linked would point (in a normal PC) down and away from the mainboard. We need them point towards the mainboard.

The risers you linked are not "wrong", but if you want to use them you will need a long riser cable to get all the way around the card and back to the AKiTiO.

This is the case I have. Hopefully it works. :)

thermaltake_core_v1_21.JPG

pic5.jpg

Well in that case it could work, if you are going to guide the flexible riser towards the "observer" and through the lower section back into the case. Might require a long flexible riser.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/12/2016 at 1:19 AM, Dschijn said:

Well in that case it could work, if you are going to guide the flexible riser towards the "observer" and through the lower section back into the case. Might require a long flexible riser.

Thanks for your help Dschijn

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2016 at 2:19 PM, Dschijn said:

I've been stuck on my elite 130 adv now

Could you screenshoot your configuration ?

thanks

It seems a lot of these cases have the GFX card mounted almost right up against the side panel of the case, so if you have a reference card, the blower fan is actually pointing at the side panel.

With something like an EXP GDC, the cables connected to it would actually take up some horizontal space and would physically interfere with the side panel, so you won't be able to close it.

How would you compensate for that?

egpu-exp-gdc-beast-0.7-vanjska-graficka-

Is cutting a hole in the side of the case the only option?

Edited by Arbystrider

Finally one very interesting ! On top of that, I think the new MBPr 15" 2016 will have more or less the same specs as the NUC.

i7-6770HQ

Iris Pro P580

16Go DDR4

NVMe SSD

Thunderbolt 3 x4

:frantics: (I hope)

Some more fresh benchmarks : https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/4p24nl/razer_blade_stealth_razer_core_gtx_1070_benchmarks/ :bananalama:

Edited by Clarkent
  • Thumbs Up 2

Spent a week or so working working on this case. I have a EVGA GTX 950 SSC inside and it was challenging getting it to be as sleek as I wanted. Overall though I'm really happy with the results. Currently the eGPU is laying flat down and I've settled on this position for the case. At least this way I can see a lot more of the white carbon fiber vinyl I put on it.

20160620_210516.jpg

20160620_205927.jpg

2016-06-20.jpg

IMG_20160620_204632.jpg

Just a few more pictures...

IMG_20160620_204740.jpg

20160620_203415.jpg

20160620_203445.jpg

IMG_20160620_203511.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.