OFFICIAL: M17x-R3 Benchmarking Thread

• Founder

So... let's see how good you are biggrin.png

How to submit your scores

1. Make a post in this thread that will contain a screenshot, provide a link of your results if it is a 3DMark Vantage/11/06 run and post anything else you feel like mentioning for that particular run, i.e ambient temperatures, cooling method, etc...

2. Go to Forms and locate your laptop and then click on the benchmark you want to submit your results

3. Complete the form. The last question of the form will ask you to submit the link of either your post or the link of the screenshot you took (i.e [ URL]M17x-R2 benchmarking )

Note: You must type those tags (don't copy-paste them from this post, must be in capital letters, no spaces,) like the example above in order for the link to be clickable.

In case you want to edit or delete your submission or need assistance on how to submit your score check the guide here

************************************************** **************************************************

Submit your Scores HERE

M17x-R3 League

3DMark Vantage

3DMark 11

3DMark 06

So I've got an incoming R3 with 6970M. Can't wait to do some benchmarks + transplant the 6970M in the R2 to see if it works.

That would be amazing hope you try that out with the next version of unlocked R2 bios and post your results.

• Founder
That would be amazing hope you try that out with the next version of unlocked R2 bios and post your results.

Hopefully TheWiz gets the new version out and doesn't stall on development.

Here's a couple of my most recent benches with my R3, not too bad for the base CPU and a 460m IMO:

3DMark Vantage: P10,276

GPU: 9,012

CPU: 17,744

p10276g9012.th.png

3DMark 06: 16,348

SM2.0: 6,691.0

SM3.0: 7,061.0

CPU: 5,118.0

163482.th.png

More to come later!

Edited by DaneGRClose
  • Thumbs Up 1

I try to overclock the HD6970 with Rivatuner,MSI Afterburner and AMD tool with no luck i even try to edit the rivatuner CFG file to add the device id but no luck , even flashing with ATI flash don't work it says "no adapter found" i think this time dell did something so we can't overclock i hope some body figure out how to unlock the card :(

Here is the pics of the Dell card it doesn't have ram on the bottom so i guess at least that is a good start i can see the crossfire connector so we can expect this on dual card configurations like M18X :D

photorxk.jpg

photo2ke.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Founder

Speedy-

Ichime figured out how to overclock his 6970M, have you asked him how he did it? If not, I'd suggest sending him a PM. I wouldn't be able to assist you until I have the R3 here so I know what exactly is going on.

sup guys inap here!!! manage a 850/1050 run. also tried to up the voltage to 1.15 but bsod upon start up, guessed i shoulda try something less like 1.11 to see if it would take but to lazy atm. also using the modded 11.4

post-100-14494987597235_thumb.jpg

Edited by iloveb00bs
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Hey inap! Welcome to the forums man! That score is awesome, it's approaching default 5870m crossfire scores and it beats 4870m Crossfire. Pretty amazing card. I got my R3 today, I haven't done anything with it yet but I plan to load up some benchmarks tonight and enable overclocking via rivatuner. After I do initial benchmarks, I'll do a tear down video + retention mod on the GPU. My initial impressions of the system are decent, it doesn't feel as cheap as I thought it would though its nowhere near as sturdy as the R2 either. Very quiet though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Brian, can't wait for your review of the unit. One part of the r3 that's bugging me is the whole media key assembly mine is starting to peel back and separating. I will posts pics of it tomorrow, I think that part will be a problem for many people since the media keys takes a little force to push. But other then that I love this laptop, Repasting has never been so easy Hahaha.

Also something seems off with my score, just saw ichime r2 6970 score it seems much higher with only a slightly higher oc.

Edit: his clevo card has more shaders.

Edited by iloveb00bs
  • Thumbs Up 1

I already try to flash ichime's bios to my card and back to Dell stock it don't change nothing maybe some way in the process ichime unlock the card but is going to be hard to figure out how can't be a different card than tirenz cards on the X7200 they are ES too and the number of stream proc's are the same 960 AMD Radeon 6970M - ETA from Resellers? - Page 3

• Thumbs Up 1