EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

Hello, I've got a Dell 8gb Nvidia 980m in my Dell Precision M6700 , just wondering if I could have help getting an undervolted vBIOS I can use to preserve it's longevity, my ASIC quality is 69.9%.

Having removed throttle and clock limits for future overclocking when I get some quality thermal paste would be nice, but not at whatever power limit the OP post has, as that seems to draw too much power cause a blank screen and eventually crash the driver in anything 3d.

I've used a quadro k4100m modded vbios overclocked before which was also undervolted and had TDP at 115w at most, but I cannot confirm my Dell Precision M6700 ever was able to draw the full 115w, it did however never crash with a significant overclock.

attached is my stock vBIOS:

980mdellGM204.rom

Very much appreciate it!

As a note:
the undervolted Alienware vBIOS on notebookreview locked to 0.9810V max caused the same issue getting 3d clocks to work, so I'm afraid my card likely requires at least 1v, but any reductions to temps vs stock would be lovely!

Edited by arbitrarygrill

On 1/4/2015 at 1:26 PM, omega939 said:

it seems that I've hit the limit for my 970m

175 = Core clock

600 = Mem clock

I wont touch the Power limit yet (default settings) unless you guys know the safe limits to move the slider for this one.

Yes!

You are right.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, tutsuo said:

#1 Can a mod please Delete the post above mine by user jenilia122  that is a link to a very shady Filipino potential phishing site.

Yes. This is spam. This is only forum for overclocking and mods.

Salve. Volevo sapere se riesce a trovare un vbios per la 940mx per problemi di temperatura limitata nel bios. Grazie

Edited by Davide 24

• hi Klem i am new i build and modified a p150sm-a about 2 days ago i bought with r9 290x broken i repair it and then put a 980m 8gb, that card wouldn't work i flashed a bios of p150sm-a but it gave me problems then i flashed the first part of bios only of the p150sm and now my pc work perfectly i obviously need driver with modded inf for nvidia 980m working but i can't oc the gpu and add more voltage can you resolve that? 

GM204.rom

45 minutes ago, Pierpaolo01Pro said:

and now my pc work perfectly

or

45 minutes ago, Pierpaolo01Pro said:

i obviously need driver with modded inf for nvidia 980m working

What is true? First or second? Or now your laptop work perfectly with modded inf?

Edited by Klem

1 hour ago, Klem said:

or

What is true? First or second? Or now your laptop work perfectly with modded inf?

first my laptop now working perfectly but i want to unlock the bios to allow increase vcore and increase max temp target, plus o want to take effective + core clock, if i set +100 nothing appen to the core i've created a bios wich use +100 on core and i flashed it, but i don't want do that every time

4 minutes ago, Pierpaolo01Pro said:

first my laptop now working perfectly but i want to unlock the bios to allow increase vcore and increase max temp target, plus o want to take effective + core clock, if i set +100 nothing appen to the core i've created a bios wich use +100 on core and i flashed it, but i don't want do that every time

I'm sorry, but I don't understand you exactly.

In any case, if you need, I can prepare unlocked vbios based on your stock vbios. Check PM.

7 minutes ago, Klem said:

In any case, if you need, I can prepare unlocked vbios based on your stock vbios. Check PM.

yes thats's what i need an unlocked vbios

Can someone help? I cannot download after 5 posts. Can someone please provide Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip??

THANK YOU

On 3/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, Klem said:

Hi, can you please help me with vbios mod?  My laptop model is ASUS Rog G751 JL with 965m 2gb version. Right now i have a modified bios which i somehow did myself but i know there is still some power in this card. My stock frequency rn is 1105 +135 mhz in afterburner (1237 mhz in total). As i saw on other forums people with same card get 1350 on core. Temps are still ok. Thanks a lot in advance.

GM204.zip

Edited by Catcap

1 hour ago, Catcap said:

Hi, can you please help me with vbios mod?  My laptop model is ASUS Rog G751 JL with 965m 2gb version. Right now i have a modified bios which i somehow did myself but i know there is still some power in this card. My stock frequency rn is 1105 +135 mhz in afterburner (1237 mhz in total). As i saw on other forums people with same card get 1350 on core. Temps are still ok. Thanks a lot in advance.

GM204.zip 137.55 kB · 0 downloads

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hello. I have a GTX 970M 6GB clevo card I want to overclock. It's limiting me to +135Mhz on the core, and I want to push it higher. I have also noticed the over voltage doesn't work. If you could help me, that would be much appreciated. 

Below is the attached VBIOS I pulled from my GTX 970M.

STOCK_VBIOS_GTX970M.rom

jgfgjgfgj.PNG

Edited by Asavage9794
Adding things in

1 hour ago, Asavage9794 said:

Hello. I have a GTX 970M 6GB clevo card I want to overclock. It's limiting me to +135Mhz on the core, and I want to push it higher. I have also noticed the over voltage doesn't work. If you could help me, that would be much appreciated. 

Below is the attached VBIOS I pulled from my GTX 970M.

STOCK_VBIOS_GTX970M.rom 181 kB · 0 downloads

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

On 4/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Good afternoon Klem , 

I am having the same 970m 6gb i would like to overclock.

Is there any chance i could receive the modded bios for 970m and the mnvflasher please ? :)

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Norby said:

Good afternoon Klem , 

I am having the same 970m 6gb i would like to overclock.

Is there any chance i could receive the modded bios for 970m and the mnvflasher please ? :)

Thank you!

Hi!

Post here your stock vBIOS and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector (full window with overclocking sliders). I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Post here your stock vBIOS and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector (full window with overclocking sliders). I'll take a look.

It exactly the same as the one posted by Asavage9794  :w00t::w00t: 1 to 1

1 hour ago, Norby said:

It exactly the same as the one posted by Asavage9794  :w00t::w00t: 1 to 1

Ok. Check PM.

I got a GTX 970M for my laptop, an MS-1761 which previously had a 570M. I replaced the GPU, modified the heatsink a bit, and it just worked right away. However, it runs a bit hot (I get up to 88ºC). Would a modded vBIOS allow me to undervolt it?

nvidia-20200428-132359.png

Hi Klem!

I have a Gigabyte P35XV5 with a 980m.

Is there any chance you would be able to have a crack at making a modded vBios for it?

Stock vBios and NVIDIA Inspector screenshot as requested, but shout if you need anything else!

Thanks!

Untitled.png

GM204.rom

1 hour ago, Bunchie16 said:

Hi Klem!

I have a Gigabyte P35XV5 with a 980m.

Is there any chance you would be able to have a crack at making a modded vBios for it?

Stock vBios and NVIDIA Inspector screenshot as requested, but shout if you need anything else!

Thanks!

Untitled.png

GM204.rom 118 kB · 0 downloads

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:36 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Hi Klem. I am currently using an alienware m17x r4 GTX 980m on stock vbios. Been trying to unlock the vbios it all day long and not gotten anywhere !

It would be very kind of you if you are able to take a look at my vbios so it could be unlock ? 

Attached are the screenshot from nvidia inspector and stock vbios :

https://we.tl/t-tWoZQViexA

Let me know if this is enough. 

Thank very much in advance !

13 hours ago, sadmodder43 said:

Hi Klem. I am currently using an alienware m17x r4 GTX 980m on stock vbios. Been trying to unlock the vbios it all day long and not gotten anywhere !

It would be very kind of you if you are able to take a look at my vbios so it could be unlock ? 

Attached are the screenshot from nvidia inspector and stock vbios :

https://we.tl/t-tWoZQViexA

Let me know if this is enough. 

Thank very much in advance !

Hi!

Ok. Check your Inbox.