NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

I was able to reinstall the backup I made with GPU Z, but the screen has a lot of white lines. I tried the Techpowerup roms but when I install them again I lose the video on the screen. Do you have any way to solve the white lines? By the way my card is 6GB 

• Bios Modder
8 hours ago, takatsuky said:

I was able to reinstall the backup I made with GPU Z, but the screen has a lot of white lines. I tried the Techpowerup roms but when I install them again I lose the video on the screen. Do you have any way to solve the white lines? By the way my card is 6GB 

If you are flashing your original vBIOS designed for your laptop, and after that graphics card in your laptop does not work properly (screen has a lot of white lines), then this means that your graphics card is damaged. In this case, I recommend you to contact the repair shop.

8 hours ago, Klem said:

If you are flashing your original vBIOS designed for your laptop, and after that graphics card in your laptop does not work properly (screen has a lot of white lines), then this means that your graphics card is damaged. In this case, I recommend you to contact the repair shop.

GPU Z shows me the card with 0MB of memory i saw a post here with the same image but i dont know. in this link is a folder with my stock bios, can you help me modding this one or you have one stock file  for this card?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J1h5y9xKovBvwTAgWLESe8eqkhPMt9l8?usp=sharing

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, takatsuky said:

GPU Z shows me the card with 0MB of memory i saw a post here with the same image but i dont know. in this link is a folder with my stock bios, can you help me modding this one or you have one stock file  for this card?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J1h5y9xKovBvwTAgWLESe8eqkhPMt9l8?usp=sharing

An unlocked BIOS is only meant to improve the overclocking of a graphics card that initially works correctly. An unlocked BIOS cannot help if your graphics card is not working properly initially.

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
32 minutes ago, Hoodsonbr said:

Hello, Klem. Can you unlock core clock, voltage and fan control (whatever is possible) on my 940mx vbios? Props for doing this stuff all these years.

Hi!

What the laptop model?

• Bios Modder
16 minutes ago, Hoodsonbr said:

According to Lenovo's website it's a '320-15IKB (Type 80XL, 80YE) Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80YH'.

In your laptop model, any modified bios can be flash using hardware SPI programmer only, exactly the same as described in the first post of this thread:  

So, for creating backup (dump) of bios you need to use hardware SPI programmer only.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, zerotohero said:

is there any chance that u do have an unlocked vbios for the m4000m for dell m6800 ?  Thanks !!!

If you want, I can unlock your vbios for the M4000M. Post here, or upload your stock vbios into any fileserver, and post the link.

• 2 weeks later...

@KlemHi Klem, you helped me months ago with my M17X R4, thank you for that ;)
I have a Dell Precision M6700 with a GTX 980M now, and sometimes my games freeze and crashes (especially Warframe, it crashes constantly after some minutes of gameplay). I've heard about problems with power limits in the vbios with dells and alienwares and this gpus, and that editing vbios solved that issues, do you think it can be my case?
I also would like to ask if it's possible to fully unlock the M6700 BIOS to overclock the cpu, ram and that kind of things. 
Thank you very much for your work :)

EDIT: saw it in some notebookreview forums before they close the site, and in this video comments 

Edited by Mismo_YT

• Bios Modder
12 hours ago, Mismo_YT said:

I have a Dell Precision M6700 with a GTX 980M now, and sometimes my games freeze and crashes (especially Warframe, it crashes constantly after some minutes of gameplay). I've heard about problems with power limits in the vbios with dells and alienwares and this gpus, and that editing vbios solved that issues, do you think it can be my case?

Hi!

No, I don't think it's vbios related. I've never had this problem, but I don't think it could be related to the TDP limitation, unfortunately I don't know why it's happening to you.

12 hours ago, Mismo_YT said:

I also would like to ask if it's possible to fully unlock the M6700 BIOS to overclock the cpu, ram and that kind of things.

Maybe this is possible, but I can not help you with unlocking the bios for Dell Precision M6700.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

No, I don't think it's vbios related. I've never had this problem, but I don't think it could be related to the TDP limitation, unfortunately I don't know why it's happening to you.

Maybe this is possible, but I can not help you with unlocking the bios for Dell Precision M6700.

Thank you for your response Klem, I'll keep looking! ;)

• 2 months later...

Hello! I have an Msi GT780DX installed a GTX970m 6Gb card.
But I didn't notice any performance gain, changed Vbios, changed Bios Unlock.
I can't notice any difference compared to the GTX570m.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I need help with my laptop: MSI GE62 6QF (i7 6700hq + GTX 970m 3gb). I'm trying to do undervolting but with no luck. 
By any chance does anybody have modified vbios? 

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me with it. Unfortunately on stock bios gpu is super hot .

Here's link to my stock bios:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrEN_hhG4RFmylb22Pgreu7x_8klgrdR/view?usp=sharing
Link to nvidia inspector:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11947zz5MiMHuQTkM1YUt9eoXkBuFBNLl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

Edited by GChewie
missing nvidia inspector img

• Bios Modder
On 8/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, GChewie said:

Hello, I need help with my laptop: MSI GE62 6QF (i7 6700hq + GTX 970m 3gb). I'm trying to do undervolting but with no luck. 

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me with it. Unfortunately on stock bios gpu is super hot .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrEN_hhG4RFmylb22Pgreu7x_8klgrdR/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11947zz5MiMHuQTkM1YUt9eoXkBuFBNLl/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance

Hi!

Unlocked vBIOS can't help you with reduce GPU temperature. Unlocked vBIOS it is for overclock GPU.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:54 PM, GChewie said:

Thanks in advance

Have you tried MSI after burner. If I remember right it allows under volting with out modding the VBios. 

Hi There, 

I have a Alienware 17 from 2014 120hz 4940mx 32gb of ram, GTX 980m. I have found I have a MSI vBios on my 980m, being 84.04.49.00.29. I started looking into this once I noticed that the card is sustained maxing at 88w while gaming regardless of graphical setting. I have the core clock maxed(+135mhz) in MSI afterburner and +350mhz on the memory but don't see temps higher than 70c. 

Which makes me think I have a lot more headroom if the card allows it to pull more power. Would a vbios help with pushing the card further or am I basically stuck? I was otherwise going to swap to a 1070 here in the next couple of months but I haven't decided just yet. Kind of want to see how far this 980m can go. 

If a vbios would do the trick, would also need some guidance on acquiring one better suited for my needs if someone is willing to help me with this, that would be much appreciated. 

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 7:53 PM, Mismo_YT said:

@KlemHi Klem, you helped me months ago with my M17X R4, thank you for that ;)
Thank you very much for your work :)

EDIT: saw it in some notebookreview forums before they close the site, and in this video comments 

Hi, I have the same setup. Have you tried the OC' vbios in the first post? I don't know if it works for a Dell laptop. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, flashing these modded Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip 1.0.0 still works today?

I mean, with the updated nvidia drivers they roll out constantly - is it still compatible?

Alienware 17 R3 6700hq here with a 970m video card