NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
23 minutes ago, frenchibz said:

The download link for mnvflash doesn't work for me, lack of permission?? Is it possible to just use normal nvflash to flash vbios?

Hi!

You can try to use NVFlash from this link:  https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-certificate-checks-bypassed/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
11 minutes ago, Phenomx64L said:

Hi friend.

Could you also help me by unlocking my BIOS for the NVIDIA Quadro M5000M? This is my stock BIOS

Hi! 

You can post here or send me your file stock VBIOS from your M5000M. I'll take a look. 

Good Evening!

I am in search of an unlocked VBIOS for my Quadro m4000m on my MS1761 Board (Medion Erazer x7815 // MSI GT 780).

It needed some modifying of the cooling unit but some cooper sheets from old coolers and some thermal adhesive made it work perfectly.

Some years ago I already tried to find solutions to break throu the boundaries of my CPU and GPU.  Because the max Temps seemed very good at around 85°C for the CPU and 75°C for the GPU.

Today I tried again and found this gem I am posting in right now!

@Klem  You seem to keep up the good work for years and I hope you can help me with my VBIOS of my M4000M!

My Goal is to finetune it with MSI AB into undervolting for small tasks and more batery life and ofcourse overvolting for getting some more power out of it for gaming and rendering.

Since I can´t upload it here yet I will wait for an answer until I will try to send you a PM.

When I am able to I will upload both Bios here so people get access to it if it is fine.

And then im gonna wait until I can download the Xonar unlocked Bios here:excitement:

Edited by Tidles
additional information

Would love some help overclocking the 980m 8gb in an Alienware 17 R3 past the +135 core clock limit. I'm assuming the vbios mods from the very beginning of this thread are no longer available. Kinda new to overclocking beyond what Nvidia Inspector has allowed me to do so any guidance on how to do all of this would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I am in need of some information.

I modified my m4000m BIOS with the Maxwell BIOS tweaker and everything works great so far.

I have stable clocks with 1.09V at 1318 Core and 2800 Memory.

On certain programs it's running into power throttle even tho I added 14% of maximum Power on every option with 100000mw.

Is there an additional layer of protection in the Mainboard itself or did I forget something?

Today I wanted to flash the mainboard BIOS too. I have a Medion erazer x7815. It is build like the MSI GT 780. Should I take the MSI BIOS or the whitebook BIOS?

@Klem

Hi Klem 

i have a 980m gpu and i wanted to overclock it .is there a way to set power target higher other than voltage ? my gpu seems to crash at +120 even with little +25mv that nvidea inspector gives.if you think vbios would help me overclock this card better let me know and i would like you to modify for me 

here is the stock rom 

https://gofile.io/d/XKgszv

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, neels477 said:

@Klem

Hi Klem 

i have a 980m gpu and i wanted to overclock it .is there a way to set power target higher other than voltage ? my gpu seems to crash at +120 even with little +25mv that nvidea inspector gives.if you think vbios would help me overclock this card better let me know and i would like you to modify for me 

here is the stock rom 

https://gofile.io/d/XKgszv

Hi!

GTX 980M is not the best choice for overclocking. This card is already set from the factory to almost the maximum of its capabilities. Therefore, it is possible to overclock this card only quite a bit, even with an unlocked vbios.

But in any case, If you want, I can prepare unlocked vbios for your card. Check PM.

I need some help in changing the Power Table values of my Quadro m4000m. In certain applications the card is throttling. I want to get slightly above the stock 100 Watt. Temperature never goes above 75C.

Any changes I tried led to less then 100 Watt.

I can´t figure it out.

Can anyone help me please? Or tell me at least, that its not possible...

Edited by Tidles

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @Klem can you please help me to unlock my GPU Vbios I have Quadro M4000M 

VBIOS LINK https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BcW7VMqErh-3eBaXoiRJoRCCp3nm5tT/view?usp=sharing

because i want to overclock my gpu and increase some voltage thank you man i appreciate your work

my email : [email protected]

thanks in advance please reply <3 

Edited by Ibrahim Waqar

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, warrimonk said:

Hi @Klem , 

I have a stock M4000M vBios that I would like to have unlocked (past +135 on cpu core, and memory frequency unlocked).

Here is the stock vBIOS : https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7myjsx0s9nxsj6/GM204-M6700.rom/file

Really appreciate your help! Thanks again.

Hi!

Ok. Your unlocked vBIOS done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem

• 1 month later...

Hello, I bought the bios today and i installed it, but i cant install nvidia drivers. My laptop model is MSI GT-70 Dragon edition 1. I replace my old 675mx with 980m.

The error i got when i try setup driver is: "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

solved with inf edit.

Edited by Yobazcik

• 3 weeks later...

Hola, buenas tardes:

Lo siento, tengo una Dell Precision 7710 con una Quadro M5000M, ¿pueden ayudarme a configurarla también?

¡Muchas gracias!.

Hello good afternoon:

Sorry, I have a Dell Precision 7710 with a Quadro M5000M, can you help me set it up too?

Thanks a lot!.

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Phenomx64L said:

@Klem

Hello good afternoon:

Sorry, I have a Dell Precision 7710 with a Quadro M5000M, can you help me set it up too?

Thanks a lot!.

I share the file with onedrive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvAzlRagomIMhugYXhbO1bF0gfhuvg?e=HLcpO0

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

On 11/17/2017 at 3:23 PM, Salah.lghyati said:

Hey Klem its take me long resarch to find you finally ,

can u please help to get more potential of my gtx 980m

i have acer predator G9-591  ( i7-6700hq , gtx 980m 4gb )

if u dont mind i need step to Oc thank u so much i will be gratefull if u help me to get more fps

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6370;-;Predator G9-591

Hello Klem, I found this thread from notenookreview, and while this post was from a few years ago is there any way you still have the files you sent this guy? I have the same laptop and the poor thing is getting a bit old and slow here in 2021.

Edited by neotoby
Trying to @Klem