NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, udgm said:

Hi Klem !

Sorry to bother you, but I saw that you already helped several members with similar requests, so I thought that you could also help me too by any chance !

I have a 2015 release of the AW 15, 980m 4gb, bios A06 and for the last 3 years, I didn't experience any problem related with performances in-game. However, recently, i've had to face throttleling issues which, aparently, are not uncommon on this rig. Two years ago I downloaded a modded Vbios by Prema, just in case, but I'm affraid I lost the file and for some reason (which is probably a good one), Prema stopped sharing his work with the community.

If I had the skills, I would have modded my bios by myself but I'm affraid to f...up my laptop. So I figured you could help with that ?

Thanks for your pain !

980M gtx AW R1.JPG

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
7 hours ago, true2456 said:

Hey Klem any chance I can get a hand with the 980m? I cant seem to unlock the 135 mhz cap unless lock it in the vbios.

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your 980m card, i can take a look.

9 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios from your 980m card, i can take a look.

I posted it a few posts up

On 04/09/2018 at 4:38 PM, true2456 said:

Anyone got a vbios for the 980m to stop throttling in the m17xr4? Seems as though everything is private these days for some reason

GM204.rom

Hi bud!
Hope you can help me out, this problem is driving me crazy. So, short history, I have an Alienware 17 R2 with the 980m. The battery died, and so my pc is shuting down because i have the 180W ac adapter. Although i flashed the A00 version of the BIOS on my pc, it's still shutting down, so i would like to ask you a real real favor, to unlock my vBIOS so i can perform a proper undervolting please, an d i will try to low the power consumption too. Have a great day! Hope i can get a response. 

GM204.rom

On 18/09/2018 at 1:57 PM, megaproducer said:

Hi bud!
Hope you can help me out, this problem is driving me crazy. So, short history, I have an Alienware 17 R2 with the 980m. The battery died, and so my pc is shuting down because i have the 180W ac adapter. Although i flashed the A00 version of the BIOS on my pc, it's still shutting down, so i would like to ask you a real real favor, to unlock my vBIOS so i can perform a proper undervolting please, an d i will try to low the power consumption too. Have a great day! Hope i can get a response. 

GM204.rom

I had a similar problem and it was only fixed by getting a new adapter

Hi there, 

Is the BIOS on the first post compatible with my Alienware 17 R3 980m 8GB by any chance? 

I attached my current bios in any case. 

Thank you.

GM204.rom

Edit: 

@Klem Can i get an answer from you regarding my question please before i buy membership to be able to download it? 

Thanks so much.

Edited by ovydiu1

• Bios Modder
On 23.09.2018 at 2:20 PM, ovydiu1 said:

Is the BIOS on the first post compatible with my Alienware 17 R3 980m 8GB by any chance? 

Hi!

No, Alienware17 R3 GTX 980m 8 gb uses a BGA GTX 980m 8gb, not a MXM, so the vbios from the first page doesn't work with your laptop.

8 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

No, Alienware17 R3 GTX 980m 8 gb uses a BGA GTX 980m 8gb, not a MXM, so the vbios from the first page doesn't work with your laptop.

Hi, 

Oh i see so would it be possible then for you to help me out to unlock the vBios ? I want to give it a try over 135Mhz.

Thank you!

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, ovydiu1 said:

Hi, 

Oh i see so would it be possible then for you to help me out to unlock the vBios ? I want to give it a try over 135Mhz.

Thank you!

Your vbios mod done. Check PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello forum first post . 

I got my hands on a Alienware 17r2 with a 980m 4gb GFX . I bought it very cheap knowing it comes with a lot throttling issues which ive dealt with via repaste and getting good setting using throttle stop , I was pointed in the direction by another forum about getting custom vbios which will help with this headache of a Alienware ,

long story short can you please help me Klem as my knowledge is limited in the vbios settings 

Thank you inadvance if you can cheers 

GM204.rom

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Klem,

I got Medion Erazer 7841X with GTX970M 3GB

I try unlock or set it on at least 80 degres  "Priorize Temperature" option in Nvidia Inspector. As you can see on my screen it is now set on 64 degres and i can't change it with Nvidia Inspector and Maxwell Bios Tweaker...Mayby you know some kind of magic how to unlock this option. Here is my orginal bios file.

Untitled 2.jpg

filename.rom

• Bios Modder
14 hours ago, Dominik said:

Hello @Klem,

I got Medion Erazer 7841X with GTX970M 3GB

I try unlock or set it on at least 80 degres  "Priorize Temperature" option in Nvidia Inspector. As you can see on my screen it is now set on 64 degres and i can't change it with Nvidia Inspector and Maxwell Bios Tweaker...Mayby you know some kind of magic how to unlock this option. Here is my orginal bios file.

Untitled 2.jpg

filename.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Dear Klem,

Could you unlock mine also?

(power limit, overclock and overvolt)

thank you!

(the one you gave me before wasn’t based on my vbios version and gave me black screen on boot, had to reflash it with my previous one on another laptop)

old.rom

Edited by mirage_bg

• Bios Modder
15 hours ago, mirage_bg said:

Dear Klem,

Could you unlock mine also?

(power limit, overclock and overvolt)

thank you!

(the one you gave me before wasn’t based on my vbios version and gave me black screen on boot, had to reflash it with my previous one on another laptop)

old.rom

Hi!

What the laptop model? Post here your screenshot in GPU-Z, and screenshot in Nvidia Inspector.

• 3 weeks later...