NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Iyagui said:

Hello,

I want to download the 970M GTX Bios but I can't, someone could help me??

Thank youu!!!

Hi!

If you cannot wait for promotion period, then you can to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/27/2017 at 3:23 PM, LordTyler said:

Klem,

Do you know of a vBIOS with a .950 voltage at default?

Yep. One of mine. Not the stolen version of the one posted at the beginning of this thread.

11 hours ago, johnksss said:

Yep. One of mine. Not the stolen version of the one posted at the beginning of this thread.

Awesome!

Would you mind sharing a copy?

The one on here is awesome and helped me tremendously with my stuttering. Trying to get even more out of my card as it starts to PWR throttle at anything above 1116 at 1.000 even though I have a 240 watt power supply.

Edited by LordTyler

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2017 at 6:30 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

If you cannot wait for promotion period, then you can to subscribe for T|I Elite Membership as it will provide you with an immediate account promotion and you can then download what you wish. Attempting to circumvent these rules set forth are grounds for infraction and/or termination of your account privileges as it is a violation of our terms of service that you agreed to when joining Tech|Inferno forums.

Oh That explains why I wasn't being able to download anything...  =P

On 03/01/2015 at 11:45 AM, svl7 said:

NVIDIA 'Maxwell' VBIOS mods

Here you find modified VBIOS versions for the mobile parts of the Nvidia 'Maxwell' series.

The VBIOS versions in this post are tweaked for performance and versatility. You'll get almost complete control over the performance parameters of your GPU.

List of available VBIOS mods:

• Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 6 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 -> see attachments
  • Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0 - >> 8 GB Version << - modified by @johnksss & svl7 -> see attachments

Screenshot demonstrating the capabilities of the 970m versions:

post-80-14494998984093_thumb.png

>> Read the instructions carefully before flashing! <<

If anything is unclear after reading or if you have additional remarks, please post in the thread.

Flashing:

- Go to the device manager -> 'Display Adapters' -> chooser your GPU, right click on it and choose disable

- Flash the VBIOS with mnvflash, a modified version of nvflash (see attachments). Here are detailed instructions for nvflash in case you aren't familiar with it.

- After the flashing is done: Enable the GPU once again in the device manager.

- Reboot

Do NOT use driver 347.09, it's broken and useless and won't allow you to overclock, even with the stock firmware.

Don't distribute the files hosted here outside of Tech|Inferno. Don't modify the files you download here.

mnvflash_windows_5.196.zip

Nvidia GTX 980m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip

Nvidia GTX 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.zip

Awesome! thanks!

New user here in need of some guidance.  I have a Clevo build p750dm-g with a 980m 8gig card that is throttling under load.  Of course I cannot download anything yet, but was also concerned as to the age of these vbios files.  Is this still current or can anyone please direct me to a current unlocked vbios file?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have a Dell Inspiron 14-7460 with GDDR 940MX, but I can't seem to be able to backup the original BIOS through GPU-Z, can someone point me to the correct direction on how to backup the BIOS?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I want to buy a 980M MXM (from Clevo machine)

Does a prema mod vbios enabled card (from clevo) can run on my GT72 without driver mod inf trouble ? or I have to use a modded MSI 980M vbios ?

I mean, this vbios on a clevo card runs out of the box on a GT72 (no inf mod ?).

Thanks !

Edited by sasuke256

12 hours ago, sasuke256 said:

Hello guys,

I want to buy a 980M MXM (from Clevo machine)

Does a prema mod vbios enabled card (from clevo) can run on my GT72 without driver mod inf trouble ? or I have to use a modded MSI 980M vbios ?

I mean, this vbios on a clevo card runs out of the box on a GT72 (no inf mod ?).

Thanks !

No,if the Vbios from Clevo You have to change the Inf File.

Look for a MSI OC Vbios or ask People who do. it for small Donation here or in global MSI Forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
21 minutes ago, GamingDamned said:

Bump i've donated can someone please do my request.

Hi!

Send me your stock vBIOS.

• 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
5 hours ago, Xdrqgol said:

Hi guys, 

I have a ClevoP651SE model, with GTX970M 3GB version.  Could anyone help me mod my stock vbios please? 

Hi!

You can post here your stock vbios. I'll look at it.