NVIDIA Maxwell VBIOS mods - 900m series overclocking versions

svl7

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Arveenos said:

Hey there, when i try to get the BIOS with gpu-z it freeze everytime.

Some Tipps for it?

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

For make backup of your vbios, try use the program NVFLASH:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/lnex7j

Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop, and run the command file "backup.bat"

Okay ty klem, when i'm at home later i will try it [emoji106] but after the review above im not sure if i should risk the flash anymore. The notebook ist 3 months old and i wont Brick it [emoji28]

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have just purchased an Asus  GL502VT-BSI7N27 with a gtx 970m. I wanted to mod the vbios so I can go past 135mhz core clock. I've modded vbios before on many desktop gpu's. I can't save the bios with gpu-z and I tried it with nvflash and it crashed my driver causing me to need to reinstall the nvidia driver. I see the prema mod has a different model asus laptop with 970m modded bios. Could I use that same vbios for my 970m? Mine is a bga soldered onto the motherboard. The bios version shown in gpu-z is 84.04.92.00.1F Thanks. @Klem @Prema

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, MichaelV said:

Could I use that same vbios for my 970m?

No, if GPU in your laptop is a bga soldered onto the motherboard, then you need specific  vbios for non MXM card, based on your stock vbios from your laptop.

31 minutes ago, Klem said:

No, if GPU in your laptop is a bga soldered onto the motherboard, then you need specific  vbios for non MXM card, based on your stock vbios from your laptop.

Ok. Is there a guide I can follow to get the bios from my 970m so I can save it? I tried nvflash but it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. And gpu-z can't access it.

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, MichaelV said:

Ok. Is there a guide I can follow to get the bios from my 970m so I can save it? I tried nvflash but it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong. And gpu-z can't access it.

I think that you can try use mnvflash from the first post of this thread. Also you can try uninstall NVIDIA drivers, reboot and then try use GPU-Z.

42 minutes ago, Klem said:

I think that you can try use mnvflash from the first post of this thread. Also you can try uninstall NVIDIA drivers, reboot and then try use GPU-Z.

I tried to download but it says I don't have the proper credentials to access the download

Could anyone help me with unlocking this vBIOS of 960M, because apparently my modification attempts don't really work.

I've found some unlocked vBIOSes for this GPU by furiously googling, and one made for Clevo and another random one worked for me and I had my 135mhz limit removed. Yet I wanted to do it the most clean way to avoid any possible issues, so I tried editing my BIOS according to the changes done in the ones I mentioned - and even with the same changes, it didn't work. I even tried changing the Vendor ID from Lenovo to nVidia, but it didn't help at all. Did Lenovo implement other locks or what? 

I just want to know what am I missing. 

lenovo960M.ROM

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance of getting the help of someone knowledgeable to modify an MSI-version 980M with 4Gb MXM3 vBIOS to unlocked GPU clock?

Been trying to find this card elsewhere, but it seems fairly unique.

See attachment for original vBIOS. Identifies as MSI (1453) version 84.04.45.00.18, date 11/09/14

"GM204 P2764 SKU 006 VGA BIOS"

Getting a higher clock would solve my slight and intermittent frame drops with the HTC Vive. Been trying to squeeze as much as possible out of it.

GM204_backup.rom

I found bios that works with my erazer x7841 (which is basically clevo P671RG). However, I flashed it in hybrid mode, dGPU mode has it's own separate bios. Does anyone have any knowlege if dGPU mode vbios could be different? Could flashing the same bios that worked in mshybrid be dangerous? I can't stand that intel crap, but +135mhz core is lame...

Hi. I've been trying to get this card(MS-1W0J1 GTX 970M 3GB) to work on Alienware M18x r2. I have Swick's latest unlocked BIOS installed and the card is recognised by the BIOS and everything works normal on startup menus. However, when I try to install newest NVIDIA drivers(both 380&390), with or without the modded .inf, the screen goes black and stays like that until I switch to integrated graphics and uninstall the driver.

I wonder if this is caused by the MSI vBios being not compatible with this Alienware model. I tried to find a CLEVO bios matching my card, but most seems to be for the 6gb model and the ones I find around seems to be untested and marked as dangerous.

I would be glad if someone has a CLEVO or a modded vBios for this card to share. Current vBios file is added. Thanks.

GM204.rom

Does anyone know if there is a modified bios for the GTX 980m for the ASUS ROG Strix laptops? I'm stuck overclocking beyond +135 MHz on the core and was hoping there is a modified bios to remove the limit. 

I've attached the original bios if anyone would like to help!

GTX980stock.rom

Edited by techinernouser

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, panamaniacs2011 said:

i get an error device id mismatch 

What the vbios you tried to flash? Where are you trying to flash?

11 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In your case, don't worry about  error device id mismatch. Just type "Y".

device missmath error comes after i press Y it crashes right after that. but thanks for your help , i got perma gtx 970m custom vbios and it flashed fine , now im getting better temps with a small fps inrease.

On 8/14/2016 at 7:17 AM, techinernouser said:

Does anyone know if there is a modified bios for the GTX 980m for the ASUS ROG Strix laptops? I'm stuck overclocking beyond +135 MHz on the core and was hoping there is a modified bios to remove the limit. 

I've attached the original bios if anyone would like to help!

GTX980stock.rom

I have an Asus Rog Strix G502VT and I need help with the same thing. Stuck at +135mhz unless I can flash a new vbios on it.

Hello there !

I have a laptop which has not been sold a lot, so I am having a real hard time finding a modified vbios that could fit with my setup.

My laptop is an ASUS ROG G750JY. I don't know if there is any modified vbios that I can use, because I found a modified vbios on an Asus ROG forum which might fit (same Device ID) but for a 4 gb GTX 980M when mine has 8 gb of VRAM... (from the Asus ROG G751JY non G-SYNC version ofc : http://www.techinferno.com/haven/threads/4/).

I also have attached my vbios is someone is willing to unlock it ! 

Thank you very much in advance ! 

GM204.rom

G750JY_setup.png

hey ive had this laptop for about 2 months now, ive been doing research on vbios and increasing the power limit of my gpu etc

can anyone help me get a vbios for my computer or link one thats already made?

please and thank you

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Model    GL502VT
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    ASUS-NotebookSKU
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Platform Role    Mobile
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    12.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    11.4 GB
Available Physical Memory    8.15 GB

Hi guys 

I have Acer Predator 17 G9 -971 ,970m 3gb version and searching for unlocked vbios for that GPU 

I would be very grateul for helpinhg me out :)

Tnx in advance ,with best regards Martin 

Stock bios from my PC in attachment 

GM204.rom

• Bios Modder
17 hours ago, Magru said:

Hi guys 

I have Acer Predator 17 G9 -971 ,970m 3gb version and searching for unlocked vbios for that GPU 

I would be very grateul for helpinhg me out :)

Tnx in advance ,with best regards Martin 

Stock bios from my PC in attachment 

GM204.rom

Check your PM box.

• Thumbs Up 1