MSI GT70-0ND GTX 675M overheating

mitchellpeixer

• 2 months later...

Any update on this? I think my GTX 675M is doing the same thing. It crashed hard, generated a BSOD, strange sound, then reboot. Windows did not detect the card after reboot. I pulled it out, reapplied thermal paste, reinstalled, and it detected the card, but it would crash whenever firing up a game. I disabled the Nvidia card in Win Device Manager but now the cooling fan comes on full blast. I really just want to use the Intel HD graphics and forget about the Nvidia card. My 5yo daughter can inherit this machine and use it to surf for My Little Pony videos on YouTube. But I need to figure out how to get the fan to operate normally. That sucker is LOUD when it is running at full speed!

Unfortunately, I think that is not a problem of temperature. I also had the same card with the same problems BSOD just was using a 3D application.

I tried to fix it in every way (temperature, driver, SO) and I finally realized that this card is unfortunately plagued with this problem and there are solutions if not replace it.

An old owner of GTX675M!