OFFICIAL: M17x-R2 Benchmarking Thread

nice scores. I am running CF 5870's right now in a R2. Been following all the 7970 threads I can find lately in hopes to making the change soon.

ALIENWARE M17x R2 Nebula Red | i7 920XM OC to 3.6 GHZ| Patriot 16GB DDR3 | ATI 5870m Crossfire | 2x M4 128GB SSD | USB 3.0 |RGB LED 1900x1200 | Blue Ray | Win7 HP | Coolmaster U3 | 3DMarks 06 (20774) | 3DMarks Vantage (16087) | 3DMarks 11 (4243)

• 1 year later...

you can go XF too with the 7970M.

Add an OC to the 940 and the GPU's and you can pass 15K benching on the GPU's. (you need 330w PSU mod or 330W plug mod btw)

I do BF4 on ultra with OC on the 920 and stock GPU's using V-sync at 60 and keeping it there most of the time even on 64 player maps so its not much this thing cant do that other computers do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
you can go XF too with the 7970M.

Add an OC to the 940 and the GPU's and you can pass 15K benching on the GPU's. (you need 330w PSU mod or 330W plug mod btw)

I do BF4 on ultra with OC on the 920 and stock GPU's using V-sync at 60 and keeping it there most of the time even on 64 player maps so its not much this thing cant do that other computers do.

Yes, im planning to do cf about end of this year, just dont need so much performance yet. But psu mod looks complicated, i have no skills to do this mod :(