M18x Intel Smart Response Technology

bnelson

So the 18x R1 doesnt have a mSata for cache, does anyone know if its possible to setup Intel RST cache on the sata0 port. My setup is

sata0: intel 80gb SSD

sata1: WD 1tb

Installed os on the 1tb, intel rst installed, have the performance tab, but no accelerate option.

Couldn't find drivers for the HM67 chipset to support win 8.1, device manager seems to using an older driver from 2006 from MS. Googled to find the HM67 Express chipset may or maynot support this on this model.

Anyone have any ideas?, even know if possible or just buy a bigger SSD.

Sorry this was never supported on M18xR1. The Msata Cache setup atleast. You could load the 1tb into the optical drive bay i think and it just wouldnt run full sata 3 on that data drive. then slide Intel 80gb ssd over to Port 1 where the WD 1tb was and install a larger SSD in slot0. 256/240gb ssd are 100$ and up and up and i think 500gb ssd between at 250$+ with about $500+ 1tb ssd last I looked depending on brand and model.

the adapters for optical bay are cheap like $10 and you can buy a cheap slot load external usb case for the original optical bay drive. need servicing just swap the parts back where they go for warranty services.