980M seems to be compatible with EM series

zhubonan

As far as I know 680m is currently (sadly) the most powerful GPU for 170EM or EM series. However after some search recently I found that there maybe a chance to have 980m on-board skiping 7 and 8 series. Some Chinese clevo resellers tested EM and 980M and found surprising results. I think this may be interested for someone(including me a owner of 680m P170EM)

post-26828-14494998788882_thumb.jpg

Here is the original link 实测è“天GTX 980M 完美兼容,è“天 EM机器_准系统å§_百度贴å§

Please note this is not fully confirmed yet!:adoration:

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as I know 680m is currently (sadly) the most powerful GPU for 170EM or EM series. However after some search recently I found that there maybe a chance to have 980m on-board skiping 7 and 8 series. Some Chinese clevo resellers tested EM and 980M and found surprising results. I think this may be interested for someone(including me a owner of 680m P170EM)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13194[/ATTACH]

Here is the original link 实测è“天GTX 980M 完美兼容,è“天 EM机器_准系统å§_百度贴å§

Please note this is not fully confirmed yet!:adoration:

Search Core i7-3740QM Processor&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M

I dont know what these results mean.

But some ivy system is able to run 980m. And I think these are results of pxx0em (150 170 370).

- - - Updated - - -

Hope someone can test and if you do in any case, please let me know. :)

SHIT, forgot to delete that...I wanted to finish the work on the mod first...

Ah well, since it's out there anyway, here you go with an official bench:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,CLEVO P150EM

I am still sitting on 3 broken systems and work has stalled so please don't ask for any Mod ETAs...

Edit:

You will no longer need any driver .inf Mods with the next batch of Prema Mods for your GTX980M & GTX970M on any Clevo. :32_002:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,CLEVO P150EM

I am still sitting on 3 broken systems and work has stalled so please don't ask for any Mod ETAs...

Edit:

You will no longer need any driver .inf Mods with the next batch of Prema Mods for your GTX980M & GTX970M on any Clevo. :32_002:

I'm sure once it's done you'll open a beer pub with all P1x0EM users donations! :very_drunk:

Edit:

On any CLEVO ?? So is it mean that you solved lack of compatibility with HM series ? Is 980M is combatible with old HM systems, dreams come true ? :)

oO. Sounds promising. I'll wait it out. Was planning on buying a new Clevo Notebook next year but if Prema gets this to actually work, I'll spend at least 100 bucks. And if it's going to work I'll treat my Clevo P370EM a GTX 980M with Master GPU Cooler for a P3XXSM. Hopefully the cooler will fit (presumably if Prema rides the horse to the finish line).

good news for sure.

but the gtx 980m is about 1000$ right now, so it s not that stupid to get a new notebook , especially the zm series offers a lot of improvement.

but if the prices get lower, it could be an option.

keep us updated prema, this post resotred my faith whic i already had lost :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently discovered this BIOS update world and also discovered that my current 675M is causing problems with some games.

I was saddened to see the 680M is the highest that my P170EM can use.

I will definitely be excited to see if a BIOS update is released for the 980M! I want out of this 600 series.

There's some Chinese users succeed to install 980 on em. It didn't go well on my 370em, GPU-Z can recognize the card as 980M. But not work well with any version of 3Dmark. And all games locked at 30fps,as well as 3DMark. I edited driver's inf, it didn't go well anyway

• 1 month later...

Edit:

Hi there, i am new here so have a little patience if i am asking something stupid. :o

Is it possible to upgrade a Clevo P170EM, with a AMD Enduro 7970M, to a Nvidia GTX 980M?

Many thanks, regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that I have installed the GTX980M into my P170EM, and it is working fine, in fact it works GREAT…

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3720QM Processor,CLEVO P170EM

Its more dumb luck than skill that I got it working, I tried many NVidia drivers and INF files before I got it to work.

I’m using;

hope this info helps,

cheers NightFX

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that I have installed the GTX980M into my P170EM, and it is working fine, in fact it works GREAT…

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3720QM Processor,CLEVO P170EM

Its more dumb luck than skill that I got it working, I tried many NVidia drivers and INF files before I got it to work.

I’m using;

hope this info helps,

cheers NightFX

thanks fo this info now I can go ahead and purchase a 980M and get to use it even before prema gets his bios mods done. YAY!

And 980M ordered, now to wait

thanks fo this info now I can go ahead and purchase a 980M and get to use it even before prema gets his bios mods done. YAY!

And 980M ordered, now to wait

Good luck with your new 980M.

Depending on where you ordered your new 980M, you will also need to by a sheet of thermal pads (I brought 1mm and 0.5mm) to build up the required thicknesses.

Also, check that the GTX675 heat sink fits the 980M correctly. The GTX680M did (same form factor and component layout), so hopefully yours will to.

Good luck with your new 980M.

Depending on where you ordered your new 980M, you will also need to by a sheet of thermal pads (I brought 1mm and 0.5mm) to build up the required thicknesses.

Also, check that the GTX675 heat sink fits the 980M correctly. The GTX680M did (same form factor and component layout), so hopefully yours will to.

Mine included heat sinks so technically "should" come with the appropriate thermal pads.

Bought from r&j tech

Laptop Video Cards - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

Mine included heat sinks so technically "should" come with the appropriate thermal pads.

Bought from r&j tech

Laptop Video Cards - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

When you got yours from rjtech, which clevo model did you select from the drop-down menu? Wondering which one would fit my P150EM.