GTX 9xxM overclocking thread

chap

Tried them. 1300MHz but the power target is still locked and my cards hit the upper 80s. Nvidia set the target so low that my 1300 drops to 800... Yet stock clocks, its 1126 the whole time. Nvidia did something stupid like the 880M

Although at least these boost the whole time,the 880M was such a nightmare!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

what is modded in those drivers?

why dont u just get prema mod vbios? is the best out there and flashing is too easy.

ur card will boost the whole time, no thermal/power limit but still will throttel in afterburner oder furmark torture tests

cant thank prema enough for making my p170em take the 980m

i can get as far as +340mhz on top of the boost and +400mhz on vram

i wish the card would be better to overclock but im stoked anyways

i can get + 160mhz on top of the boost without voltage tweaks

my 7970m did 200mhz without voltage mod bios

but in the end the 980m is overclocked with 160mhz pretty exactly twice as fast as my 7970m with over 300mhz oc :D

The power limit is too low. But watch dogs at msaa 8x at stock is incredible. Also nvidia blocked overclocking in their later drivers. Fox's driver is a mod that allows overclocking.

so there is a 347 driver version where u can still overclock? i thought the whole 347 series was locked...

That was my bad. 344.75 is the last unlocked version. If you get that and the go to Nvidia control pannel, then change your monitor refresh rate, you'll get the same thing as with 347.09 version but still OCed with higher fps

The power limit is too low. But watch dogs at msaa 8x at stock is incredible. Also nvidia blocked overclocking in their later drivers. Fox's driver is a mod that allows overclocking.

Just use 344.75 and Increase your refresh rate on the screen

344.80 is unlocked. That's the version right before the first locked version. I'm a gpu overclocking noob. Can I have someone's +gpuclock and +memclock for those who have a p570wm? Right now I'm at +135 & +250 with a temp limit of 87c. In firestrike, i have 9409. With temp limit maxed, I get 9414. Can I get higher?

• 2 weeks later...

make sure to sign this petition for re-enabling overclocking on mobile Nvidia GPUs! otherwise threads like these will become obsolete...

https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-re-...geforce-equipped-notebooks?recruiter=20925400

thx to brother iata for opening up the petition!

it would also be great if you could follow up on this link and take part in MySn´s survey concerning GPU overclocking in notebooks:

https://de.surveymonkey.com/s/SXRL6SQ

This could really make a difference if vendors like MySn lean on Clevo to in turn put pressure on Nvidia for unlocking overclockability again!

• Thumbs Up 2

make sure to sign this petition for re-enabling overclocking on mobile Nvidia GPUs! otherwise threads like these will become obsolete...

https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-re-...geforce-equipped-notebooks?recruiter=20925400

thx to brother iata for opening up the petition!

it would also be great if you could follow up on this link and take part in MySn´s survey concerning GPU overclocking in notebooks:

https://de.surveymonkey.com/s/SXRL6SQ

This could really make a difference if vendors like MySn lean on Clevo to in turn put pressure on Nvidia for unlocking overclockability again!

+rep if I could give it! Signed the petition & took the survey. Everyone, please sign that petition, it's really easy, just an e-mail address & password, took less than 1 minute to do, it's crazy that NVidia have blocked overclocking:

https://www.change.org/p/nvidia-re-enable-overclocking-on-geforce-equipped-notebooks?recruiter=20925400

• Thumbs Up 2

jsut flash prema mod bios and dont worry about surveys. those r just a waste of time :)

They're not a waste of time - companies don't bother spending money and their time to create surveys for no good reason - they do it to get feedback from consumers & to affect corresponding changes to their business.

...changes that could potentially enable you to have the freedom of overclocking again. but sure, go ahead with flashing prema's vbios, install the latest nvidia drivers and then TRY to change ANYthing [emoji14] good luck with that!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk