Y510p fan control?

Peak14256

• 2 weeks later...
Nope. Its completely done by EC and every owner of y510p cant control fan speed. There has been some mods to keep fans at 100 percent but it requires physical modding of laptop.

I'm not well versed on the matter, but is it not possible to emulate the effect that Lenovo's enery management utility uses to for 'dust removal'. For ex; my y510p has a dust removal setting that drives all fans up to what i imagine would be 100%.

allstone made a piece of software called IdeaFan that uses dust removal feature but you probably already know that. Unfortunatelly we will have to stick with whats available for us to do such as repasting, undervolting and so on. Until EC is hacked, and I guess it wont be hacked in near future or at all, there is no way to run it on full without gaps.

• 4 months later...
For dust removal why you guys don't use the function in the "Energy Management" tool? too simple or you don't have it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14606[/ATTACH]

Dust removal - it's a DUST removal, not a cooling function. If you want to use this function like a cooling function, you have to use IdeaFan software.

If you don't want to use any additional soft, you have to use only physical modding.

For dust removal why you guys don't use the function in the "Energy Management" tool? too simple or you don't have it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14606[/ATTACH]

IdeaFan is a script which runs Dust Removal nonstop, so they're basically the same thing

• 4 weeks later...

i could not find any way to mod the fans. I ended up opening it up, and removing the third pin from both fan connectors (the brownish one). this caused the fans to run at 100% all the time. keeps it cool, but kind of noisy