Can the Alienware 18 with dual 780 SLI play 2015 games with 1080p 60FPS max?

Paolo11

I don't think those games are released yet, but I can't see any reason they would cause any difficulty for 780M SLI. I haven't identified any 2014 games that use up more than half of what 780M SLI is capable of.

• 2 weeks later...
Most games are not designed to run with sli and thay can cause stuttering ussues and other annoying problems.

Most games? Talk about exaggerating. I can count the games on 1 hand that don't work with SLI. Worst case you'll need to use Nvidia Inspector compatibility bits.

Yep, more pure bull crap being spread via word of mouth by people that don't know what they're talking about, LOL. Bottom line, I won't own a single GPU machine because they aren't good enough. Having more than one is always better. The only thing wrongs with SLI are the people that don't know how to use it and game developers that need to pursue another career opportunity because they suck at their current job.

• 8 months later...

I can run Far Cry 4 almost maxed out and Assasins Creed 4 alright. I get mixed results with varying drivers and may be running into PSU issues with my 330W. I'll post more on the forum when I know whats going on.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I benchmarked GTA V with all settings ultra, 16x anisotropic filtering I think it was and it was handling it with ease (50 - 62 maybe a bit more if Vsync wasn't on).. then I went into advanced settings and turned everything up, I don't even know what the settings did yet but I just wanted to see and the benchmark averaged around 13FPS dipped to around 3 when the driving clip come on.

Ignore that, i dont know why but when i re ran the benchmark ingot a lot lower 29 fps maybe? With everything nesrly maxed 2x msaa and No grass settings higher it plays it pretty well. But 60fps is way out the question.

I should also note I'm yet to use SLV7's VBIOS. I think on one 780 OC there was nearly a like 7 - 10 FPS improvement? With two you could expect nearly double. I'll have to double check but I'm sure the video I watched of OC 780 was around that difference and also someone mentioned an OC'd 780 performed faster than a stock 970 I think

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk