Going to test clevo 980m in alienware m17x R4, m18x R2, AW17

godfafa

so can you unlock this bios or modify it ?can you tell me why if i can only or only 1 original Driver without mod inf is working? did i make something wrong?

I think he meant that he needs to make

a vBIOS for the 2nd card, which is called a slave card in SLI..

Should be fine.. Give Prema some time..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Dell vBioses for 9xxm are available as download from Dell support website, thanks to Dell!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks to prema for the unleashed power of my aw18 970m sli setup :D

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10341773

no OV, cards hardly reach 70C.

Dude do a FS run... Also that Physics score is atrocious.. Is your 4910MQ throttling? Even my 3630QM can get a higher score...

Dude do a FS run... Also that Physics score is atrocious.. Is your 4910MQ throttling? Even my 3630QM can get a higher score...

i have been fighting with the physics score, no luck, there is no throttling, cpu util reaches 85-90% during benchmark, I can do nothing to improve the CPU score. I think Windows 8.1 could be the problem.

any ideas?

Windows 8 is not the Problem.all cpu in the AW18 throttling my <dt>Physics score is 8941

the bios lock the multiplicator.the new bios is the same shame for cpu oc

the best solution is set to overclock Level 1 and lower all -1 except 3core and 4 core

if i go higher there is no difference</dt>

i had taken the screws from m18x r2 cpu heatsink and the springs.the screws are a bit longer and the springs more stronger,then is a better presure on it.with liquid metal and the cpu fan with 11cfm also from M18x r2 is the best solution. thanks a lot to Mr.Fox for this great idea :)

I have just released the GTX980M & GTX970M vBIOS Mods for the AW18!

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/11086-%5Bvbios-mods%5D-alienware-prema-mod.html#post145886

>>> Update AW 18 to system BIOS A12+ first <<<

Though they can be used on other AW systems as an alternative to my Clevo based Mod, it won't remedy the throttle issue that those systems experience (that's for later).

It may help with the second FAN not spinning properly on M18xR2, but I only have a single report confirming it.

As always ENJOY! :)