Greenish screen ..?

When I first unboxed the laptop and turned it on I noticed that during boot it kept flashing a white screen with flickering horizontal rgb lines. After about 10 minutes of usage screen went permanently white and white it stayed for a week or so. I was able to use it on an external monitor just fine, and before you ask, dell doesn't sell this model where I am - ergo, no support. In about a month a neighboring country will sell this model so I will have proper support then.

Meanwhile I kept pestering the guys at Dell U.S. and something they told me to do finally kind of solved the problem, which was remove and re-insert the memory, and with the help of this forum I fixed the mini-freeze and updated video card. Everything was swell, I was able to use the built in screen just fine. But now it started to show up a flickering greenish outline even when booting. Now for instance, it stayed green for a while and then normalized. (You can see how green it is on the screenshot below)

Someone from Dell U.S. is trying to help me out by sending the parts for repair to the country where I am, but not having much success.

If anyone know anything or have any ideas, I'm all ears. I already disassembled up the whole shebang (even removed the keyboard and got access to the VGAs and the video cables, which I unplugged and plugged back without success.

Thanks for the help!

http://i.imgur.com/XUIaJ.jpg

post-464-14494988131649_thumb.jpg

have you tried reseating your lcd cable, just incase its only a bad connection. but i highly recommend asking for a replacement unit, since i don't like opening up a new laptop when its still within the 21 day return period.

Yeap, probably going to need a screen replacement. Now it started giving out 8 beeps when I turn it on (memory issue), the memories aren't factory installed, they're 16gb kingston hyperx.

Gonna have to wait a month before being able to get the screen replacement, fml.

When I was buying the laptop I was between this model and sager np7280, I ought to have gone with sager but chose dell because of the support which I got none, good times..

A month for a screen replacement? Omg... can't be... you called them?

About the memory, try reseating the sticks, changing places etc. Make sure it sits properly.

My god. I would say that screen is toast. Did you try messing with the calibration settings? I had a netbook that came with a screen where there would be red vertical lines going down the screen. I messed with the calibration settings as a last resort before returning it. It worked. Seemed the pixels were stuck or something.

So have you tried replacing the stock ram? Plus if your using hyperx ram have you set the xmp profile? Brian when he first got his first M18 he had trouble using one of the two xmp profiles, but the other one worked fine. Might be the LCD wire but not at the motherboard connection... up more inside the LCD.

Edited by mw86