An amusing story of Dell's incompetence and lack of organization

Brian

• Founder
3 times men! they did it again...3 orders canceled...dont know why...The worst thing is that they have give me no fucking reason...no answer...I feel like an idiot wondering why

Usually because they can't bill the order and they cancel it without an explanation. I'd call your credit card company and make sure they aren't cancelling the charges thinking its fraud or you're not reaching your limit.

well apparently they have not made ​​any charges to credit card...what you say makes sense, seems to be automatic: i make an order and they automatically cancel it

• Founder

Ok, i suggest you phone the following number immediately when your order is placed.

1866 383 4713 this is Dell's credit card verification department number.

So place the order and call in with the order number, you will be able to sort out any issues with credit card charges right there.

Before you place the order i'd contact your CC company and notify them that a transaction of X dollars is going to be submitted by Dell and that you want them to authorize it.

Also, make sure to give a phone number where they can reach you as they sometimes contacted me to ask questions after i called that number i gave you.

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks michael, I've already contacted dell and the bank ... there have been no charges to credit card ...I 'll call again on Monday to the bank to cancel any charge online to the Credit Card..and I gave dell 2 phone numbers where they can call me

My wife and I had a $500 limit on our debit cards I didnt know about until I went to buy a tv with it. $700 tv and 3200 in the bank, I thought wtf. I called the bank and found a teller that said I must of asked for it (my wife??) and she pleasantly removed it. Was embarrassing to be in a line with a big ass tv and card gets declined like 5 times. Stepped out of line and was on the phone for all of 5 minutes and got it fixed.

So you may want to check on any purchase amount limits.

• Thumbs Up 1

well...actually is a credit card and the limit is enough for the M14.....I don't think that amount limits are the problem, but thanks, I'll check just in case

receive another email from Dell:

"I understand from your e-mail that you are unhappy because your order was cancelled. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have checked the records and it shows that the order number xxxxxxxxx was cancelled due to some issues with eth verification process. For further details about the transaction, I would request you to please contact our Verification Department....After you speak with them, please contact our Product Advisors at 1-800-289-3355 Monday through Sunday 8:00 AM CST to 9:00 PM CST to place the order again. You may also order online at dell.com

Place the order again?? ...i mean, AGAIN??? ...this would be the 4th time i order

Edited by Nando

you can send me the money and i will buy it for you.hahaha i have 6k available on my dell dpa. it killing me trying not to use it for an M18x hahahah

hahahaha lol

I wonder if its something dumb like zip code or address used not matching the credit card for verification.

hmnnnnn....maybe...I'll double check this week

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...