Alienware Generations: M18x Review.

Guest Frontpage News

• Founder
I'm using this to compare my M17x with the one in the review. My M17x sits around 25fps at 1920x1200 w/ all high settings except 1xMSAA and 4x ANISOTROPHIC FILTER, no vsync, and no HBAO.

Which game? Mind you that we used 1080p for all 3 systems.

I honestly can't believe you don't have it yet. How long has it been on order?

BTW, great review guys. I'm using this to compare my M17x with the one in the review. My M17x sits around 25fps at 1920x1200 w/ all high settings except 1xMSAA and 4x ANISOTROPHIC FILTER, no vsync, and no HBAO. Also in GTA 4, at 1600x1200 w/ settings maxed out, it sits around 20fps. WTH is wrong with this thing?

GTA4 is the worst. PC. Port. Ever. Just no.

I honestly can't believe you don't have it yet. How long has it been on order?BTW, great review guys. I'm using this to compare my M17x with the one in the review. My M17x sits around 25fps at 1920x1200 w/ all high settings except 1xMSAA and 4x ANISOTROPHIC FILTER, no vsync, and no HBAO. Also in GTA 4, at 1600x1200 w/ settings maxed out, it sits around 20fps. WTH is wrong with this thing?
I originally ordered a week or two after the M18x release. It kept getting delayed since then and was supposed to be edd 6/29 after a bunch of delays. Then the order got canceled automatically when the windows home premium item number changed and was no longer in the system. so they orderded with new home premium item number. Plus the SoundBlaster software would be no longer available. Then they reorder with all new edd. So reorder happened on 7/7 and edd was 7/19. Now even just today I check the status and now its 7/22. Its a few days but I've been waiting months through this and the entire exchange process of Dell.

• Founder

Got my beast couple of days ago (ended up bying it second hand cause i couldn't wait for dell to process my order).

I only had time to do a clean windows install and now it's packed along with the rest of my life in preparation to move to Brazil this Wednesday

It's a HUGE laptop, i didn't expect it to be that big, really well made, loved the gun metal color better than the black on my m17x-R2.

I am pissed that i don't have time to mess with it right now, but once i settle in in Brazil i'll find the time :)

• Thumbs Up 2