14" Lenovo T430 + GTX660Ti@4Gbps+c-EC2 (EXP GDC V6) + Win8.1 [Cain_enD]

Hello everyone:D

First of all I want to Thank to all egpu community for great job done over this few years.

Without You none of this could happen.

So I think it's first T430 implementation.

Let's start from basics:

Setup:

Lenovo T430

i5 3320m 2.6Ghz

8gb ram HyperX pnp

Plextor M5pro 128 GB

Windows 8.1 x64 UFI BIOS GPT System partition.

2.65 BIOS version

IGPU: intel HD4000

DGPU: nVidia NVS 5400m

EGPU: MSI N660Ti (MS-V284) GTX660ti 2gb OC

Adapter: EXPRESS CARD version of EXPGDC V6.0 + DA-2 220W power supply + own created 6PIN to 2x 6PIN Splitter Male-Male

I've tried WIN7 setup no luck error 12 TOLUD and too complicated DSDT override...i just pass it.

What i found that some one get his card to work under win8.1 with UFI BIOS GPT system partition.

I've tried to give it a shoot... and ... SUCCEED:D

Steps:

0 make sure that in BIOS under Settings->Display you got: 1 Internal lenovo LCD / 2 Optimus / 3 OS Optimus detection

1 Whipe every Nvidia Driver with DDU and turn off pc.

2 connect you card trought expresscard port and turn you pc on. It will turn off after few sec and reboot after another few don't worry.

3 open devmng and you should see 3 GPU's: IGPU DGPU and EGPU. Last 2 will be as Default VGA adapter.

4 install forceware Drivers (i used 344.11-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql)

5 restart after that you probably get BSOD. Don't worry.

6 turn off pc and disconnect EGPU

7 turn it on and again it will turn off after few sec and reboot after another few.

8 Now in devmng You should have propertly installed HD 4000 and NVS 5400M

9 Check if you have access to NVIDIA control panel. If yes turn off NVS 5400M (right click and turn off this device) in devmng.

10 Turn off pc. Connect EGPU to expresscard port and turn on pc.

11 Now you should have GTX 660TI hd 4000 and disabled NVS5400m in devmng. Check If you have access to NVIDIA control panel. If yes ConGRATZ you got you EGPU running 1.2OPT

Things to remember:

GTX 660 Ti is 192 BIT card

I've tried Quadro K600 128BIT card it worked too but only on external monitor.

I haven't tried GTX 670/760 with are 256 BIT card. They probably should work too. Someone From POLAND Warsaw plz contact me if you want to check compatibility.

Some Photos:

post-25235-14494998434796_thumb.jpg

post-25235-14494998434568_thumb.jpg

post-25235-14494998434343_thumb.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I have a Thinkpad T430 too ( i7-3610QM, 16GB HyperX Impact CL9, 1600x900, Intel HD4000 iGPU, Windows 7 64bit. ) and created my eGPU solution with EXP GDC V8 with a AMD Radeon 6850. I didn't needed to do a DSDT override or eGPU Setup 1.30.

Here is what I did : 

After Windows loaded, my Radeon 6850 was found in Device Manager but I got the famous "Code 12" error. The device cannot start because it does not have enough resources.

After 5 minutes of google-ing I found my solution!

Solution : Shutdown your T430, put the expresscard in the laptop and the most important thing, DISCONNECT the display monitor from the graphic card. Start you laptop and let Windows load. The magic will happen, your graphic card starts with no errors. After that, install the drivers from AMD website. I have installed the Crimson drivers.

Connect the monitor to the graphic card and voila! , you have a fully working eGPU solution on your Thinkpad T430.

Still didn't found a solution for the following issue.

In device manager, I had the Radeon 6850 and Intel HD 4000. When I started my Steam or Origin games, the main GPU was Intel HD 4000. My quick solution was to disable from device manager, the Intel HD 4000 iGPU.

Planning to switch to nVidia for a Optimus config. 

Best regards,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok so I would like to make some update:

Right know i'm running windows 10 External monitor due Optimus support I still cant get it work on internal BUt that is not a problem since I''m running external.

I got one Issue that Drive me CRAZY.

When my Notebook went to sleep, GPU goes to sleep too.

When I woke it up, all i can get it Dark Screen on each Internal and External Screen. I cant't say that PC is Freezed or etc, all I can do is just power off and power on again and after that everything goes back to normal, till next sleep atempt.

Sice that I've update EXPGDC from v6 to newest one V8 Beast. But i remember that same issue was on V6

On 2.05.2016 at 4:56 PM, lemon_lcr said:

I have  a Lenovo Y400.But  my egpu is GTX660ti too.Can I take this course?

I think so... I mean in my case essensial key was to make the Windows Run In UFI/UEFI MODE 

After Bios Update to 2.68 i Even can use both NVS 5400 And GTX660Ti And HD4000 So Igpu Dgpu and Egpu are running without any Error 12 etc.

• 1 month later...