Personal GRID(Nvidia) [Server] Nuc vs Mac Mini vs Other(recommendations) LOW TDP

ReaverM1

Essentially I want to build the most power efficient/effective personal GRID(Nvidia) server as the title states Nuc vs Mac Mini vs Other(recommendations).

Would like to compare gaming performance and power consumption for a personal GRID Server In the works. My old eGPU Setup

My cpu throttled even after getting 2 different units and undervolting so I returned the MacBook Pro. Now I want to build an always on GRID Server with as little hit in the power consumption department as possible at least in idle. Nuc's have very low idle and load power consumption vs Mac Mini which has low idle but 3-4 times higher load power consumption and desktop CPU's are out of the question as far as idle Power Consumption goes (unless someone could point me in the right direction not looking for atoms lol).

What ever platform I end up using I will additionally use

-GTX 970 or 980 most likely 970 less power enough performance

-Sonnet Echo Express III-D

-Corsair 550 RM if need be.

For highest efficiency use a stock GTX 970. Most of the "partner board designs" are using much more power, because they are higher clocked.

A additional PSU shouldn't be necessary if you are willingly to mod the PSU of the III-D.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.