y510p-i5-4200m stuck at 1.5 Ghz

lenovo188

Hello, I have a weird problem which I didnt notice before I started playing ArcheAge, few days ago. I have the model with single gt755m, 4gb ram, bios v3.05 and the before mentioned cpu (everything stock, latest driver, cpu underclocked dynamically by 100mV through xtu).

After a few minutes in game the cpu locks to 2.5ghz becaouse the GPU hits 80°C to 90°C (gpu usage is jumping from 50% to 100% while in game). I get this part of throttling but it gets weird later on, when I was checking the graphs on XTU I had for about 30min stable clock of 2.5ghz, then it started spiking up to 3ghz down to 1.5ghz for about 10min, and then after this constant 1.5ghz, even when I quit the game, the clock doesnt change. The cpu temps were hanging around 77°C +/- 5 degrees maybe. Also the xtu wasnt showing any power limit or current limit throttling, whole time it was on 0%. After i restart the laptop everything is normal again. Does anyone have any idea as to what is going on? If you need anymore info to diagnose the problem let me know, thanks. :)